“I can't believe all the good reviews for this joint”
Review of Port Aransas Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Aransas
Port Aransas Inn
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Port Aransas
“I can't believe all the good reviews for this joint”
Reviewed 28 September 2012

I use tripadvisor to help with all of our traveling plans wherever we go. The reviews were way off for this place. We had never been to Port A before and we wanted to stay at a local place instead of one of the chain hotels.

According to the reviews, the Inn was the place to go. That couldn't have been further from the truth. Pulling into the parking lot, I knew we had made a mistake. It is a little rough around the edges. The office was locked and I finally found the manager in the pool area. He gave me the 1 and only key (not key card) for the room and asked if I could come back to the office in a little while to check in. Going up to my room, I noticed the 'smoke bucket' full of butts outside the door and figured this was not my kind of place. I was right. The door didn't seal completely, the mattresses had dirt and hair in between them, the shower was old with chipping paint, and there wasn't even a smoke detector in the room - I guess to accomodate all the smokers. We didn't take our shoes off in the room at all. We bought a blanket at one of the stores in town because we didn't want to take a chance with the comforter in the room, due to the age and look of it. At least the a/c worked!

We booked a 2 night stay and left after the 1st night, because it was such a dump. Checking out was a problem also b/c there was nobody at the office in the morning to give the key to and check out. It had to be done via cell phone the key drop with no receipt - extremely unprofessional.

I'm no hotel snob and I've stayed at some rough places over the years, but I expected much more from this place because of the reviews and the price. I'd rather sleep in my truck next time I'm in Port A.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
17 Thank JSinTX

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed 28 August 2012

we just got back from a family vaca in Port Aransas. We had the two ajoining rooms on the first floor. It had a kitchen in one room and microwave and small fridge in the other room. We all absolutley loved this place! The kids had a blast, elderly parents had a great time, and my Aunt and cousin also had a great time. Planning on coming back in December and next Summer also! This is now our Port A spot! We loved Nero

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Lisa U
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Loved this place! We stayed in the Victorian style room, and oh my goodness... That bed was sooo comfortable, I wanted to take it with me! The room was very clean and decorated really nice. The hotel is only a 5 minute walk to the beach or like a 2 minute drive which was awesome. Very reasonable room rates, especially compared to all of the other hotels, that were no where near the beach. Nero was really cool and talked to us like we had been friends for years! We just felt really at home staying here, and everything was so laid back. I would recommend to anybody!

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank Lkbrouse
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I must say up front that I am a hotel snob - I usually prefer to stay at a Ritz or The Four Seasons BUT there is no other place I would stay in Port Aransas Beach than at the Port Aransas Inn. I have stayed at PAI a few times now - I can’t believe I haven’t written a review sooner… but better late than never, right?

The laid back, “island life” atmosphere at PAI is great. So, if you are looking for a place to relax, unwind and just be yourself, this is the place to stay.

The beach is walking distance (just across the street) and if you prefer to drive there is also an access/entry (for vehicles) just a block away. Either way, you’re only a couple of minutes from the ocean, which is great.

The hotel is managed/operated with a personal touch. The staff are not only friendly but very accommodating. In passing, they always managed to smile, say hello and ask if everything is o.k. with my stay &/or ask if I needed anything. I mean, they actually stopped and talked to me and seemed genuinely interested... I don't even get that kind of service at the Ritz.

The rooms we’ve stayed in have all been clean and comfortable. For a longer trip we stayed in a room with a kitchen (equipped with plates, cups, silverware, etc.) and it was great to be able to eat in when we wanted to. During that stay, I even called and asked if they had a can opener I could use and someone brought one to our door within minutes. We’ve stayed in a themed room, the “Safari Room,” which was decorated with very cool safari themed touches. And, we’ve also stayed in a room with two queen beds which didn’t have the bells and whistles as the other two but still clean, comfortable and met our needs.

They have a band on Saturday nights and it was just as they told us it would be, a big, fun pool party. I was worried about the noise level (from the band) if I wanted to get some sleep but surprisingly I could not hear the music in our room - Turned out we had so much fun by the pool listening to the live music, I forgot all about wanting to sleep anyway. Grills and picnic tables are available for the guests to use, which my friends and I have taken advantage of… Grilling and listening to live music by the pool, doesn’t get much better than that.

You can’t beat the price, especially at Port Aransas Beach during the summertime. So take it from me, a self proclaimed hotel snob and give PAI a try... Odds are you’ll definitely want to go back!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank tlb_0917
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 31 July 2012

My husband and I chose the Inn because the honeymoon suite was one of the few rooms with an in room spa. It was very clean but the room and spa especially are quite dated. Not a big deal but for the price we were expecting newer. Looked like they were remodeling the exterior so maybe it will improve soon. The doors and windows don't have blackout curtains so the room is very bright when trying to sleep. The host was very nice and helpful and so was the staff. We were told checkout was at 11 and were annoyed by housekeeping that tried to clean our room at 10am. My husband was asleep while I was in the shower so he didn't hear her until her key was already in the door.

Room Tip: Honeymoon suite not worth extra cost.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pacha926
Fort worth
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We (my husband and i) decided to stay here because it was close to our friends house thus we could walk there after drinks...uhhh bad decision. The price quote and room changed twice on us and our phone deposit wasn't deducted so when I got home and had to make several calls to try and sort it out to be told i already received a "partial" credit. Granted it was fairly clean(only one hair) and the room was cold, but there was no way to block the light entering our room and we could hear the family above us running around. Not to mention we paid $165 a night for meager accommodations.

I was very shocked that this place was rated so high.

Want a cool place with reasonable prices? Try Tarpon Inn! Might not be good for big families but very fun and cheap for couples. Rooms are rustic, super clean and no tv(who need one when our at the beach) long patio with rocking chairs to drink coffee on and walking distance to all the waterfront restaurants.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Erin B
Elgin
Reviewed 13 July 2012

An outstanding place. The Victorian room was Super! Nero is a fantastic host. The beach was super close and the pool is beautiful. Great place for a group as well. We hope to visit again shortly. Kudos to you and the Palace Nero!

Room Tip: All types of rooms available. Our themed room was super cool. Can't wait to see the new one.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple