“Good food but atmosphere is not as nice as their original location.”

Lisa Bella's Bistro & Java Bar
Ranked #53 of 79 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food but atmosphere is not as nice as their original location.”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We had reservations for 9:00 on a Saturday. When we arrived it was full and the hostess proceeded to seat us at a table near the very crowded bar. It was very loud in that area so we asked to be moved to an open table we saw in another area. The hostess said it wasn't available. The other table remained open during our entire meal. Very disappointing customer service in that regard. The food was quite good but pricey and the noise level made conversation very difficult. All in all a disappointment. We much preferred their original location in terms of atmosphere. I don't think we will go back.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank lori0219

Dallas, Texas
“One of the best BUT oh so pricey!”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

For sure one of the best meals I've had on the island and I have eaten at almost every good restaurant here BUT oh my gosh it's expensive. REALLY! The décor is very nice which yes is very hard to find in Port A as most places are truly hole in the walls or "rustic". BUT again you pay for it her my friend... bring yo' money! I was with a small group and all our food was good. The server was courteous but fumbled our drink order. However, after that he dialed it in and got it all right and our food came out nicely... very, very good stuff!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Cravini
Austin, Texas
“Creative and wonderful food! 2 visits in one trip!”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This place was so good we made another reservation before we finished our first mea! The Chef at this restaurant is creative and very talented at mixing flavors. The mermaid soup and scallop special (stacked w/ sliced potatoes & watermelon wedge) were both fantastic. The soup had a lemongrass flavor w/ seafood. The scallops were large and seared perfectly. Loved the ambiance and full bar. The service was top notch and give this place 4 thumbs up!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Tgrl_7
Coppell, TX
“Worth the Wait”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

My family had a great meal at LIsa Bella's. Having the restaurant located across from our condo was very convenient and the food was much better than I had anticipated. Our server was knowledgeable and quick to take care of us. My wife had the Mermaid soup for a starter, it had a very nice depth of flavor. She and I both ordered grilled fish with accompanying sides and enjoyed them. My daughter, 5, had one of the best cheese pizzas she has had. All the food was very nicely prepared and very flavorful. We had to wait for awhile between appetizer and entree courses but that was the only negative to an otherwise wonderful dinner.

• Visited July 2013
Kalamazoo
“Unexpected gem”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Had dinner here while staying at a condo down the road. Really cute setting, and we were near the end of dinner service. The food was very good, and the menu had a good variety of things. Good presentation and well prepared dinner. Server could have been a little more engaging. She looked either tired or a little nervous, but once we started talking with her, she did warm up a little. Not a,cheap dinner, but worth the price. Only comment was I was seated at one of the banquettes, and there was no back support. The seat was deep, and you had to lean into reach the table. watch out if you have a bad back, and request a table/ chairs combo.

• Visited May 2013