“Great breakfast”

Ranked #6 of 78 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Family owned and operated. Dedicated to cooking, fresh, home made food. Breakfast all day! Eggs Benedict, Pancakes, Omelets, Biscuits & Gravy, Grits, Fruit and more. Lunch includes Specials, Fish, Shrimp, Burgers, Soup and much more. Evenings we offer real BBQ by Lance who is a award winning BBQ'er. Deserts are made by Frankie and daughter Joni. Pies, Banana Pudding and more!
Temple, Texas
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

My wife and I went here for breakfast on a Saturday morning around 10 am. As others have stated there are only about 7 tables, and luckily one was open when we got there. Service is a little slow but that understandable given the fact that there were only 3 employees there. They were all very friendly. Food was excellent. I got pancakes, bacon, and "home fries" which are basically like skillet potatoes. Everything was delicious, potatoes and pancakes were some of the best I've ever had. My wife got the shrimp omelette which came with a biscuit and potatoes. Her meal was great as well. Overall pretty good price compared to other restaurants on the island, our meals were about 10 bucks each. Like a lot of the other places, it's cash only (and I didn't see an ATM in there). But if you have time to spare, make sure to come here for some great breakfast!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank John V

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Tasty but borderline overpriced”
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Only open Fri-Sun for breakfast/lunch so we waited all week to try it. I had the eggs Benedict which was good but $13! It was worth $10 in my opinion considering it wasn't special homemade English muffin or organic ham or anything that should command that price. My husband had pancakes which were good and more reasonably priced. Eggs and bacon very average. Small place, not tastefully decorated (like grandma's 1985 dining room chairs). Service wasn't bad but not especially fast given there were only 2 other tables occupied.

New Braunfels, Texas
“Where the locals eat!”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

We waited 30 minutes for one of the 7 or 8 tables in this tiny place, but it was worth the wait! We were told by a fellow waiting patron (a local) that Eggs Benedict "were the bomb." He was right! The food was amazing and plentiful. While the eggs were excellent, the breakfast potatoes were the best I have ever had. My wife had breakfast tacos and our friends had pancakes ... All great!

Austin, Texas
“They got grits!”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Inexpensive grits, great quality for price! Grits are grits, of course, but so far this is the only place in Port Aransas that I can find them.

Visited November 2013
Austin, Texas
“Great food”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This is a small place so try to avoid the times when there is a crowd to best experience the food. We had breakfast - one order blueberry pancakes, eggs, bacon and the other ordered the shrimp omelet. We were both very happy with our meals. Fresh, well made, nice presentation, great service, friendly and relaxed atmosphere. The bacon was thick, well done and the best bacon I've had anywhere - made just perfect to my tastes. The blueberry pancake is loaded with blueberry flavor and huge. Lots of shrimp in the omelet, tasty potatoes and the biscuits are very tasty, not dry like I often find. A person at the table next to us got the eggs benedict and I can't wait to come back and try it, it looked fantastic.

• Visited October 2013