“DO NOT GO, THIS IS A JOKE”
Review of Fisherman's Wharf

Fisherman's Wharf
San Antonio, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“DO NOT GO, THIS IS A JOKE”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This is the last time I will ever GO fishing with this company. First, we had a 9 hour trip. We drove a total of 7 ½ hours. The captain is an idiot, he would drive right over schools of bait fish working the top of the water. The boat caught maybe 10 fish out of 33 people. The only two keeper fish were 2.5 pounds, I’ve caught bigger bait fish in the bay than that. We left the docks and drove for almost three hours. When we stopped we fished for 10 minutes and left. We drove another hour and fished for 10 minutes, we left again. After moving again we fished for another 10 minutes. The captain came on and said well since there not biting we are going to extend the trip. The captain said we are going to head back in and fish a ship wreck. We again drove for two hours and fished for only about 40 minutes and headed back in. The captain stalled and drove so slow on the way back, so he could say we got more than a 9 hour trip. 2nd. The deck hands don’t care. This guy that was fishing next to me was a beginner fisherman. His last eye on his pole was broke off. The deckhand looked at the pole and tied a new hook on and baited it. He didn’t give him a new pole. I baited my hook and took my ONE SMALL fish off. The deckhands were fishing instead of helping us. 3rd, you can’t bring anything on the boat to eat or drink. The food was horrific, if that boat got inspected it would be shut down. The nasty sandwich my buddy got, he couldn’t even eat. The package must have been open and the cheese and meat was hard, not to mention the deckhand with nasty fish hands and long beard was serving the food….. “GROSS”… I’ve gone out of Deep-sea Headquarters and should have used them again. PLEASE save your money, it is a joke…..

Visited September 2013
5 Thank Cheyenne W

League City, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Waste of money”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

For starters, this 11 hour trim is an 8 hour boat ride and maybe 3 hours of fishing. For $210 caught 2 fish weighing maybe 6 lbs. The crew also had a select group who were top fishing for tuna while the group on the charter bottom fished. We had to wait probably 30 minutes waiting for them to move to another spot.

Visited September 2013
4 Thank Wayde S
Buda, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“$6 more please”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Went on a 11 1/2 hour charter on Tues. 8/13/13.
First thing scheduled to leave @ 6:30am. and we didn't have 20 fishing persons and we were all asked if we wanted to go any way to please return and pay another $6. anyway not a big deal.
Went out about 3-3:30 hrs and started fishing nothing but small var. red snapper. After a few more moves we noticed that the back of the boat was for the deckhands to hook kings and hand the rods to women and children first. If you are a paying male no chance you will get your shot at one:( Urinals still have not been cleaned. Overall not horrible but not the best trip. We never tried fising for shark or any other fish. 1-5 2.5 at best

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Janet L
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“loved our 1st trip there but 2nd horrible”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My husband and went and did the 4 hr offshore fishing about a month ago and had no problems all the deckhands were super nice, but we went yesterday to take the jetty boat and all we encountered from their staff was rudeness. So my husband and i went out there to catch the 9am boat to St. Joseph Island, my husband was walking towards the door to exit and he saw a guy walking slower than him on the other side so my husband was going to open the door for him. The guy did not realize this so he reached out to open the door and the door hit his knuckles, before my husband could apologize the man became very angry and pretty much cussed my husband out. Then I experienced some very rude ticket ladies, I had bought our tickets before the 8am boat and it was very packed in there, and I only received a receipt, went to the boat and was told I needed a ticket not the receipt. I then went back in to tell the woman behind the counter that I had only received a receipt and not a ticket, she then became very rude and insisted that she did indeed give me a ticket, that she always gives people tickets and that i most likely lost it and didn't want to admit it. She and her fellow coworker then gave me dirty looks. And while I was encountering this, my husband was being harrassed by the jetty boat captain, because the guy that my husband hit with the door was his friend. He called my husband rude and other things. I would just like to inform the staff here that your job is a CUSTOMER SERVICE position, you should not treat your customers this way.

Visited August 2013
11 Thank Elizabeth M
San Antonio, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Nice Area”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

It was nice to spend the day here fishing with my son. We were able to get all the supplies we needed here and caught a small shark, catfish and a few other small fish. It was a nice experience for us.

Visited July 2013