“You dont have to be a member!”
Review of La Barataria

La Barataria
Ranked #41 of 80 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: State Highway 361
Transit: Port Aransas / Mustang Island offers a free trolley. Island Moorings Yacht Club and Marina and La Barataria are on the free trolley route. La Barataria offers pick-up service from Mustang Municipal Airport and Newport Dunes and Golf Club.
Reviewed 14 July 2014

A little hole in the wall at the Port A Yacht club. You don't have to be member to go. Its very casual environment with beach towels as table cloths and co-ordinating washcloths as napkins makes it fun. We love to go out here and swim, lounge around on the covered outside deck and order drinks and appetizers. They have an excellent selection of wine and I love the garlic bread and the pizza. Everything on their menu is EXCELLENT. If you are ordering drinks and dinner be prepared to spend a lot of money. Ask the price of the specials.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

What a pleasant surprise to discover a fine dining experience in Port A! The 4 of us ate inside where reservations are a must (we used the online service "opentable.com" which worked very well). Inside dining is intimate with great views. While one might expect white linen tablecloths they are instead terry cloth beach towels (which received the only negative comments from our party).perhaps to dress down to a less formal clientele. The food quality, preparation and presentation were superb (we had sea bass and scallops for main courses). the service was very friendly and attentive. This is definitely a special occasion place and we will definitely return.

2  Thank DIK1
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I came in and sat at the bar. The male bartender didn't even acknowledge us and after 10 minutes of sitting there we finally asked for a menu. 15 minutes in he did not offer us drinks. We finally ordered 2 waters, had he offered anything we would have gotten alcohol. Extremely rude when taking order. After I tipped him which I wish I hadn't he didn't say thank you, goodnight, nothing. Absolute worst service I have ever had, and having worked as a server/ bartender for 9 years throughout college, any restaurant with a brain would reprimand or fire this guy. Food was decent but I won't be returning. If this owner is smart they will can this guy.

2  Thank Sherry N
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Yuck! Spent dinner fanning my plate to keep the flies away. Unfortunately one ended up in my drink. The flies were so bad we had to ask for a plate to be covered while that party member left the table. Waitress was put out that we made such a request and never apologized or offered to anything.

1  Thank Amy R
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We did not know about this restaurant until a waitress at the Venetian Hot Plate said she had a good friend who worked there and that it was very good. We found it and showed up the next nite without res. but got in quickly. Good atmosphere with harbor views. I had the Chilean Sea Bass that was the best I ever had. My wife had an excellent rib eye steak. Service was very good. The dining area is a little small and you are packed in closely but the food is excellent. A little pricey but worth it. We will be back.

1  Thank mmiller007