“1st Timers at Plantation Suites”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Plantation Suites

Plantation Suites
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Port Aransas
weatherford, tx
“1st Timers at Plantation Suites”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We have been making yearly trips to the coast for 30+ yrs and have always stayed in Rockport. The hotel where we always stayed has steadily declined over the last several years so decided to try somewhere new. I am so glad that Plantation Suites was the hotel of choice. We stayed in unit 5 and our room was clean, the room décor pleasant and a/c kept the room very cold. The hotel staff did an awesome job making sure that our needs were taken care of and seemed genuinely glad to have us as guests. I don't usually let our gkids swim in hotel pools but had no qualms about this one as I saw a pool service taking care of business. We stayed 4 days and over that period never met anyone who seemed unhappy about anything. Everyone was so laid back and relaxed. My family and I all slept really well and breakfast was terrific! Thanks to the staff for a great week, we will definitely be back.

2 Thank honeyg1956
Shawn S, Manager at Plantation Suites, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Hello honeyg1956,

We are so glad you got to experience Plantation Suites for the first time! Thank you for taking the time to tell us how your stay went and review us. We do take pride in our amazing staff that works so hard to keep Plantation Suites in order. It’s wonderful that you had such a relaxing trip with your family. Come see us again!

Warm regards,
Hotel Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We saw this place on San Antonio review and decided to try it out. The place is old but all the staff was friendly. We should have read some of the reviews form other guests first. The 4 o'clock check in time is a little late in the 1st place. There was also dog poop on the sidewalks in several places. There is no smoking in the rooms which is good but people are allowed to smoke right outside your door in chairs which comes in around the torn door molding. The first night a 0230 my wife was up using the restroom and a large rat ran across the floor behind the fridge. We called the front desk and they sent someone down w/mouse trap. Then another person w/ a piece of wood and screws to keep the mouse in the hole under the sink, which they already knew about? They said they would fix this problem first thing tomorrow am. Well nothing else was done about it. The next night all we heard was scratches from the thing trying to get out. the crew did not offer us any solutions to this problem at all or and any compensation for our lack of sleep at least.
The breakfast area was another problem, there is not enough equipment for the large amount of guest that try to enjoy the free breakfast. The equipment is old and had to wait a long time for only a few of the appliances to use. we only got cereal.
The staff was friendly but the place is old and needs some good old TLC. The price we paid did come w/ a discount but even then it was a little steep for the shape of the place.

Room Tip: Do not use an outside room especially near the laundry room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Texascouple9290
Shawn S, General Manager at Plantation Suites, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank You for taking the time to let us know how we are doing here at Plantation Suites. I want to say I do apologize that you had that issue in your room. We called our pest control company to address the issue as soon as we heard. They did take a few days to come out and that is unacceptable. Our breakfast room should be monitor every minute that it is opened and we need make sure that we have enough seating for everyone. We do open the conference center next to the breakfast room to give more seating. I will monitor this to make sure our be=breakfast room is being well stocked and my guest are not having to wait for breakfast. Thank you for your feed back. Have a great day!
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We I booked the room I didn't know what to expect for my first time visit but overall the condo suite had plenty of room for all 8 of us and I love that it had a washer/ dryer. It is a pet friendly hotel and that worked for us as well since we have a Jack Russell!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jramirez35
Hello Jramirez35,

Family vacations are the best!! So glad you got to experience our condo suite! I am so happy all 8 of you were comfortable staying there. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback means a lot to us. Please come see us again sometime!
Kind regards,
Poteet, Texas, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Hello everyone that puts there reviews and stays on this, I my self don't like to stay where its dirty this could be a very nice hotel, with some real care and management, I booked this due to the reviews people come on are you blind. first of all check in is at 4pm which was OK due to cleaning the room, but when we arrived the first impression should tell the story, the inter way was dirty need to pressure wash bad, inside carpet dirty, it was late every thing was full we had to stay but they took to 4 to clean the room right. pull around to our room the side walks were dirty littered with cigarette butts, no where for people to put them but I was told I would be charged $250 if I smoke in the room, but I can smoke out side and throw them everywhere, I was going to cook my sister a birthday meal the kitchen was dirty, dishes cabinets what a joke. so I check the beds clean sheets at least, I was standing on the balcony I saw a man let his dog take a crap on the side walk where kids an adults were walking bare foot, I just ask him or you going to clean that up, he picked it up with a plastic bag but it was still smeared on the side walk, we went to have breakfast first impression, the inter door was nasty walk in there was no one cleaning are re stocking the tables were dirty the counters were dirty and had been there for awhile sorry people this place is dirty, but could be such a great hotel if only they would clean it up.

Room Tip: only if you don't mind dogs in the room, cant smoke in it. I hate that I took my sister here she...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
I want to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. What you experience is unacceptable and will make sure I talk to the staff to make sure we give our guest the superior service they deserve. We are in the process of picking a smoking destination for our guest. We love that our guest can bring there pets our hotel and we try to monitor where the dog are allowed to go and if they use the restroom in an area that is prohibited. We recently built a dog park so all pets go in this area. I will make sure I do more inspecting of my property so we can be a more effective property. Have a wonderful day!
OKC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Everything was good! The staff was very pleasant and helpful. No problems or complaints at all. Good price for this time of year! We were there for 5 nights. I like the breakfast hours 7-10. The only thing that would make it better, is if it was on the beach! Special thanks to Krissie for taking care of our room!

Hi mrgpw,

We really appreciate you taking time to review us. I am so glad you enjoyed your time here! We will take your breakfast on beach idea into consideration! Please come see us again soon. Thank you for the kind remarks!

Warm regards,
Leander, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

The rooms are very clean the staff friendly and they allow dogs without any fuss. Traveling with a dog can be a challenge and this hotel makes it very easy. Their staff was very helpful while we were there because our dogs had problems with the openness of their stairs and we were able to move to a ground floor. Look out for the evil "goats head" thorns in the grass where you have to walk your dogs though, you will be picking very painful thorns out of their pads and your shoes.

It is very hard to criticize this location for anything but their breakfast food. That is the bare minimum on quality. It is exactly what you should expect from a free breakfast.

Room Tip: If you have older dogs ask for a ground floor room, the stairs have open backs and can cause the dog...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hello ED P,
Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. First, I would like to apologize for the burrs. It is something we are trying to fix; unfortunately they are just as hard to get rid of in the ground as they are in your shoes and dog’s hair. Second, sorry that the breakfast did not exceed your expectations. We will certainly take that into consideration. I am glad that overall you seemed to enjoy the property. We really appreciate the review. Please come and stay with us again!
Kind regards,
Regina, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed for a two nights mini-vacation in a busy vacation weekend (I realize now the big mistake I made). I paid over 250 dollars a night, and what you get is the kind of service you would in a motel. The rooms are old. What is advertised as "deluxe breakfast" is a lousy collection of the cheapest possible breakfast items, not yummy at all. Everything in the property would need major attention.

I guess my biggest trouble was the feeling of being ripped off. If this was max 150 dollars a night, it would probably be fair. For 250+ dollars it was just an insult.

I now even question why should anyone go to N. Padre Island. The beach is horrible, windy and fully of stinky seaweed. We will NEVER be back. Stay in Rockport or even Corpus Christi.

The hotel is quite a walk from the beach, which is not nice anyways.

The only positive would be if you have a ton of kids and dogs and you want something that allows you to cook and put them to bed when they are tired, this is probably the place for you. The room we got was sleeping at least 4.

I do not recommend the hotel and Port Aransas as a whole. Big disappointment.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank latakia
Shawn S, General Manager at Plantation Suites, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you very much for you honest opinion of Plantation Suites. We take pride in the service we give and we go the extra mile to make sure that your stay here is a great experience. We make sure the property is clean and up to date everyday. We always like feed back for our breakfast so we can accommodate everyone. We do make our eggs fresh and our cinnamon rolls and muffins are made fresh daily. We do change our menu daily for our guests. We are sorry that it was so windy when you came which can bring a lot of seaweed to our beaches. We take this very seriously and will make all the appropriate changes in the future.