Selected this hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews -- I expected a little more, but I guess it was OK.
-- We had 5 in our party and therefore needed to use the hide-a-bed ... It was not useable for 2 reason - First was the physical condition ( only about half of the springs were in place to support the mattress and many of those were broken ) - and Second was the "ick" of the mattress. After the maintenance lady (thumbs up for her by the way, very nice and helpful ! ) determined it was not repairable, we were moved to a room that was much more up to date (Tile floors and newer furniture).
- The servicing of the room consisted of making the bad and changing the towels, nothing else. If it is a time crunch, leave the bed and sweep/mop the floor and clean the shower would be my preference !
- The location is OK - close enough to the beach to walk if you don't mind cutting through a small field and walking about 150 yards down a somewhat busy street, but it was manageable.
- The outdoor facilities available were not really available. We tried to pitch some horseshoes and lounge at the picnic table, but were greeted by swarms of fire-ants and mosquitoes. Hopefully, they will be able to get that under control - it would have made the evenings more relaxing. we didn't use the pool because of the mosquito issue, but it seemed to be fine.
- The breakfast area was clean and the selection was typical of a motel environment - decent coffee/juices - cold cereals - donuts - etc. They did have a waffle maker and a daily "hot" item. The waffles were good, but the hot item was not that appealing. Overall it was fine for what it is.
I guess I will leave it at that - "Plantation Suites is fine for what it is"
On a somewhat brighter note - the dining options in Port A are good. We ate at Moby Dicks and Crazy Cajun and both get a thumbs up. I wish we could have checked out a couple more that I had heard good reviews on !
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Plantation Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation Hotel Port Aransas
- Plantation Suites Port Aransas, Texas