“Guided Kayaking the Lighthouse Trail”

Lighthouse Lakes Trail
Ranked #19 of 43 things to do in Port Aransas
More attraction details
Owner description: This sea kayak trail is marked with GPS coordinates and trail signs and goes through a beautiful estuary region.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

It was a very windy day so it was hard to paddle. Also there seemed to be some strong currents in the channel we traversed to get to the lighthouse trail. Mostly the water was pretty shallow, lots of oyster beds, not many birds to see, but lots of jumping mullet. I've done more pleasurable kayaking other places. Wouldn't do this one again because the locals tell me that it's windy all the time.

1  Thank jimminycric

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Seen a lot of birds there. Went to try and catch some fish. The areas I walked into were kind of crappy, The table areas could use some clean up. Got hung up on a crab basket, never caught any fish, but did have a crab try to get my dead mullet. The birds were everywhere. Some across the way, so take those binocs!! Were a lot of kayaks there. I guess that is the places they put in at.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

One of the best sight fishing spots on globe for big ol' Red Fish (Red Drum). Plus, not a lot of motor activity, since a lot of it is six inches or less in depth.

6  Thank irbflyfish
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I was hoping this was going to be a road to the lighthouse so I was disappointed. Instead it was a nice park where people could fish and picnic. You actually can see the lighthouse from the trail, but it is far far away.

5  Thank MaggieMae1950
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Wow. We are talking shallow waters here. The trails are well marked, but no fish and few birds, on the day we went. I can't tell you how many times I "beached" in oyster beds and muck. It did NOT prove to be a place where you could easily get out and wade fish. Maybe we didn't hit the right places, but I'll skip that trail next time we go. Frustrating day for me.

3  Thank dawnlangl