Double Barr Cottages
Island Hotel Port Aransas(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$110
Hotels.com
Days Inn Port Aransas TX(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
US$137
Captain's Quarters Inn(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$107
Hotels.com
BEST WESTERN Port Aransas(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
US$131
Agoda.com
Plantation Suites(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$93
Travelocity
Amelia's Landing Hotel(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$352
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgas stovefront officebeachpattilinenstoastergulf
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 August 2012

The location was .SUPER. The office manager was Very nice and helpful!! She Knew it was our anniversary and hooked us up with a local cruiser that had a sunset boat ride with dinner.Very Very affordable even during peak season The Cottage was a tropical delight. COZY. Close to all the shops and the beach. Close location to the local Seafood Market in case you wanna cook up your own Seafood. I would recommend it to all my friends. And trust me they are already asking....Check em out

Room Tip: If you want a lil more privacy there is a cool Pink Cottage behind Port A seafood and it is right in the heart of Port aransas still only about 1/2-1 mile from beach and you can drive your car on the beach there anyway. It was definitly a beagain and personal and intimate.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Heather H
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Be warned if your are planning a clean, comfortable vacation do not count on this place being that! We were shocked to find left over clothes from previous renter which meant they did not clean the room. Also there were a ton of roaches hiding behind the 1960's coffee maker. They do not put pictures because no one would ever rent from them, we had no toilet paper the room read two queen when what they really meant was two quarter fulls. The decorum is from very bad yard sales. The shower had hair stuck to the wall, when you go on vacation you want to relax not clean as if your life dependent on it and have extra expenses like bleach and roach fumigators. We tried to get a refund for the rest of the nights but they gave every excuse why the place looked like it did and refused. The cleaning lady was living at one of the cottages and as we came back she asked what was wrong with the room she had just cleaned it? Looking at her I can tell why she would think it was clean! I do not recommend this place to any one it is gross and very dirty, I would not want my animals to sleep there need I say more. I understand they are trying to run a business but false advertisement is not the way to go.
They know if they did put pics of rooms they would have no business!

Room Tip: Read the reviews even if you are desperate, we had a cancellation on us and were desperate. we should of took our time, and if there is a vacancy over a holiday be wary!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Janette R
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Received keys for the room and couldnt get the door to unlock. Received keys to a different room and had problems with the locks the whole time we were there. The cottage was very small but cozy. Everything functioned properly other than the door locks. Check in/check out was very easy and the location was great! Good value for 4 or so people.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa E
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I stayed here with my family of four, and we were very disappointed. The pictures on the web site made the cottages look so cute, but, inside, they didn't look anything like we expected. There was no carpet in our two-bedroom cottage, and the floors were all dirty and gritty when we first walked in. The couch was dirty as well. We had to lay our towels on the couch before we sat on it and on the floor to have a clean place to stand/walk. The furniture/decor inside was very outdated and not very well maintained. For example, there was a hole in the wall where the doorknob had hit it in one of the rooms, one of the walls was bowed out in multiple places as if from water damage, we saw at least two spiders in the beds, and the shower was like a small, dark cave. After stepping into our cottage for the first time, my husband and I strongly considered switching to a different motel. We definitely would have except that we had had to pay for our entire stay at the Double Barr Cottages up front and it was nonrefundable.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank beachbeez
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I can't believe anyone would want to stay here. The pictures looked great but that is the only good thing. We walked into the cabin to find a huge roach crawling across the floor. The couch had major stains on it. The kitchen was dirty and found another roach on the floor. I told my kids not to touch anything. We were suppose to stay three nights but we found another place to stay. When I went to check out, they wanted to know what was wrong. I explained it was gross with roaches crawling around and they acted like they didn't understand what was wrong with that. Spend a little more money and stay somewhere else!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family