“Many Years Stayed Here”

and 1 more site!
Double Barr Cottages
Abilene , Texas
Reviewed 29 July 2004

My family and I have been staying at the Double Bar Cottages since they had been built. When The Kellys where owners and even later years. I am spoiled to the rooms and the services and really get up set when I want to stay and there is no room in the inn...You are not treated as guest but as family and old friends..The rooms are nice; the entire area is clean and kept in good repair and will weather the many storms of the Island.. I know I spent one week in one there....

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 28 June 2004

During our last vacation we decided to go to Galveston,TX. The area was crowded and sooo....rush-rush then a flooding storm hit and we left that area rather quickly. We headed down the coast line in search for a nice quiet place and ended up in Port Aransas. We saw that Double Barr cottages had a vacancy and immediately signed up. The owner portrayed a easy-going, laid back attitude. The cottage had everything we needed:refrigerator, stove, AC, and a great room arrangement(even a toaster). We saved money on not having to eat out because we bought groceries at the nearby market and enjoyed a nice home cooked meal after playing at the cleanest beaches I have ever seen just a couple of blocks down from the cottages. After a scary drive in the gulf storm Double Barr Cottages made our vacation very enjoyable. Thanks Double Barr

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Round Rock, Texas
Reviewed 25 April 2004

#4

We have been taking our family of 6 to Double Barr since a friend recommended it to us in the mid-90's. Our children have grown up visiting Double Barr at least once a year and still look forward to our yearly trip. As a Mom who has to tend to many details, I do not need to worry about my children tracking wet sand onto carpeting, or how I will ever be able to afford lodging that will accommodate us all.

Double Barr is just the right size, just the right price, and just the right atmosphere for us! We appreciate the Family oriented management and have come to look forward to seeing them each year as much as the beach!

I only refer others to Double Barr as I'd want them to be as happy as we are on vacation.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 18 March 2004

I have stayed there many times over the past 10 years. The cottages are all old and in need of a major upgrade. Their charm has faded with time. The island now has many more options than in the past.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
choctaw, oklahoma
Reviewed 16 March 2004

My dad and i ocean fish every year and we always stay at the double barr the rooms are comfortable management is great,and of course the fish cleaning house is clean and workable,we will be there this fall again.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Mineral Wells, Tx
Reviewed 25 October 2003

The cottage was very clean and the owners were very pleasant. Great location to convenience store and especially the beach. We will definitley be returning.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 31 August 2003

The Double Barr Cottages are clean, reasonably priced with accomodating owners. It's the only place we stay if we can help it. 5 stars and a couple of moons.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member