“Loved it- Has all you need” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Double Barr Cottages

Double Barr Cottages
A TripAdvisor Member
“Loved it- Has all you need”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2005

This place had everything you need from pot & pans, microwave, stove, & fridge. Great price for the two bedroom. It is only a few blocks from the beach. We visit every May.

• Stayed January 2005
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2004

This was the first time we had stayed here and this will definitely be our place of choice next year for vacation at the beach. Clean and cozy, peaceful and quiet, close to all shopping and dining needs and 2 blocks from the beach...what more could you ask for. The owners were fabulous and informative...down to earth, always making you feel right at home. VERY affordable rates. NO EMAIL OR PHONES and that is what a true vacation is all about!!! (There is accessibility close by for email if you feel the need). I can't say enough about how much we really enjoyed our stay. I just wish I had known about this place when my kids were small ...already making plans to take the grandkids!

• Stayed August 2004
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2004

My family and I have been staying at the Double Bar Cottages since they had been built. When The Kellys where owners and even later years. I am spoiled to the rooms and the services and really get up set when I want to stay and there is no room in the inn...You are not treated as guest but as family and old friends..The rooms are nice; the entire area is clean and kept in good repair and will weather the many storms of the Island.. I know I spent one week in one there....

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2004

During our last vacation we decided to go to Galveston,TX. The area was crowded and sooo....rush-rush then a flooding storm hit and we left that area rather quickly. We headed down the coast line in search for a nice quiet place and ended up in Port Aransas. We saw that Double Barr cottages had a vacancy and immediately signed up. The owner portrayed a easy-going, laid back attitude. The cottage had everything we needed:refrigerator, stove, AC, and a great room arrangement(even a toaster). We saved money on not having to eat out because we bought groceries at the nearby market and enjoyed a nice home cooked meal after playing at the cleanest beaches I have ever seen just a couple of blocks down from the cottages. After a scary drive in the gulf storm Double Barr Cottages made our vacation very enjoyable. Thanks Double Barr

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2004

#4

We have been taking our family of 6 to Double Barr since a friend recommended it to us in the mid-90's. Our children have grown up visiting Double Barr at least once a year and still look forward to our yearly trip. As a Mom who has to tend to many details, I do not need to worry about my children tracking wet sand onto carpeting, or how I will ever be able to afford lodging that will accommodate us all.

Double Barr is just the right size, just the right price, and just the right atmosphere for us! We appreciate the Family oriented management and have come to look forward to seeing them each year as much as the beach!

I only refer others to Double Barr as I'd want them to be as happy as we are on vacation.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2004

I have stayed there many times over the past 10 years. The cottages are all old and in need of a major upgrade. Their charm has faded with time. The island now has many more options than in the past.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Port Aransas hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2004

My dad and i ocean fish every year and we always stay at the double barr the rooms are comfortable management is great,and of course the fish cleaning house is clean and workable,we will be there this fall again.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member