Double Barr Cottages
BEST WESTERN Port Aransas(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$116
Days Inn Port Aransas TX(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
US$112
Island Hotel Port Aransas(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$121
Amelia's Landing Hotel(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
US$104
Captain's Quarters Inn(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
US$110
Travelocity
Plantation Suites(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$126
Travelocity
US$127
TripAdvisor
Shark Reef Resort(Port Aransas)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgas stovefront officebeachpattilinenstoastergulf
FilterAll languages
San Angelo, Texas
Reviewed 15 September 2005

My brother-in-law and I stayed at the "DBC" four days and nights right after the Labor Day holidays while pier and shore fishing the local area. We found the cottage to be a perfect economical base of operations to work from. The unit was clean, linens crisp, clean and abundant, shower water super hot and the a/c was downright frigid! We were new to the area and the owner was very helpful in suggesting many local areas to try our luck. The price was right, and for two West Texas boys with more fishing gear than knowledge of the fishing possibilities in the area, the stay and the staff was exactly what was needed. I would recommend this facility to anyone desiring a nice, clean, ecnomical and effecient place to stay while staying in Port A. My wife and I plan to make a return trip ASAP.

• Stayed: September 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 August 2005

Just stayed there in a August vacation, a nice quiet place everything near by, I don't know about the other rooms but the Air Condition would never keep the room cool, kitchen was cool but the two seperate bedrooms were HOT ceiling fans would do the trick for this place . I don't think I would stay there again we all would like to come back to a nice cool room and kick back for a while.

• Stayed: August 2005
6  Thank rol51
Austin TX
Reviewed 18 March 2005

I had previously posted a review giving them the highest rating,but am now retracting that.
I have given Double Barr Cottages my business for many years. I always stay with my 3 small dogs, yet last year when I called to make a reservation a very rude man told me they have NEVER accepted dogs. I called back again this year and was told by the same man that noone would have told me that because they will accept ONE dog. I told him to look up my file,which he did. Then he told me that my dogs destroyed the bedding and wet all over them. My dogs were in their crates at all times unless supervised & they DON'T destroy bedding at home or anywhere else! He told me I was not welcome and hung up.
I used to recommend this place to everyone, now I will be sure to tell them to STAY AWAY due to rude and inconsistent owners!!

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 March 2005

My husband, our Granddaughter and I booked one of the Double Barr Cottages for a 3 night stay in Port Aransas the first week in March. Our ONLY complaint is that we didn't get to stay longer. These precious little cottages are perfect for a family to stay in complete comfort. They have everything you could possibly need or want, including a BBQ grill and a clothes line right outside your backdoor. For the price we sure weren't expecting what we found when we arrived. Kudos to the owners for thinking of everything and taking such wonderful care of their property. Our Granddaughter was thrilled to discover she had her very own room. We were taken by surprise too, because when we booked two beds by phone we had no idea they were in separate bedrooms. This was really nice. We took nightly walks to the beach which is only a short walk away. There is a wonderful Pizza place right next door. I can't imagine why anyone would want to stay anywhere else when in Port A. In fact we are planning to make this our yearly winter vacation destination. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: March 2005
17  Thank usandthem86
San Marcos, TX
Reviewed 27 February 2005

This place had everything you need from pot & pans, microwave, stove, & fridge. Great price for the two bedroom. It is only a few blocks from the beach. We visit every May.

• Stayed: January 2005