I would say that we were very disappointed in the shape the room was in upon check in. The floors were filthy. No just a little dirty in a couple spots, but filthy, from one side to the other. Also the kitchen trashcan was filthy, over full, and stunk. I let the front office clerk know, and she sent out maintenance, who changed out the trash can, and left us a mop and a bottle of cleaner to spray the floor with. No mop bucket, or anything else. My wife spent an couple hours sweeping and mopping the floor. There was enough trash under the bed and the couches to fill the trashcan back up halfway, including dirty underwear, shorts, q-tips, used paper towels,food wrappers, etc. Even after cleaning all of this up on our own, we still had the bottoms of our feet and our socks stained black from how dirty the floor still was at that point. The inside of the fridge, and inside all the cabinets were dirty with sand, dirt, food particles, and dead bugs. I wiped down all surfaces with Clorox wipes before unloading our groceries. There were damaged walls from old pictures on the walls, and the unrepaired damaged behind the recliner and couches show that there is not any pride taken in the management and care of this facility. There is no excuse for the condition that this room was in! We came here to vacation and take it easy, and shouldn't have to spend hours cleaning the room!
I found the staff pleasant when I visited the office; however, when my wife called to ask about local restaurants, she felt like the clerk was very rude on the phone, and that she was very unhelpful.
The rates are up there, and at that price point, there shouldn't be any issues like this. At this price point, one expects that their stay will be perfect. I could have stayed at the Omni for half this price and driven to the beach, and been a lot happier!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We’re just a small friendly beachfront place. No boardwalks or long trails through the dunes, just a few steps out the front drive across the sand "On The Beach Drive" and you are on the beach! No one is any closer, only a few as close. With so many unit type options to choose from, we've got the perfect room for you! We have 1, 2, 3 and 4 bedroom Condominium style accommodations with full bathrooms for each bedroom, a spacious living area, dining area and fully equipped kitchens. We also have a number of Motel style rooms to choose from. Some with 1 bed, some with 2 beds, some with 2 bedrooms. Some with Kitchenette Efficiency facilities...most all of them with small refrigerators, microwaves and coffee makers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Beachgate CondoSuites and Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachgate Condo Hotel Port Aransas
- Beachgate CondoSuites And Hotel Port Aransas, Texas