“Best place on the beach!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Aransas
Grand Caribbean at Dune Crest
Harper, Texas
“Best place on the beach!”
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Every year my family goes to Port A, the Grand Caribbean was the best place we have been. Not only was our condo roomy and clean, it had tons of room for all of us (6adults and 3 kids). We loved the clean pool that was very family friendly and the short boardwalk to the beach. One of the best features was the sprinkler park. It was like our own personal water park, my kids loved it! I'm not sure what some of the others who reviewed it were expecting, usually if you want your space cleaned everyday you stay in a hotel, not a condo.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank apithecus

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Spring, TX
Reviewed 22 April 2011

The Grand Caribbean is an okay place. We got in on a special so we were not too terribly disappointed. I would not stay here if I had to pay the full published rate. There are too many other places to stay on Mustang Island that are much nicer. The condo (3007) was relatively clean on the inside; however it needed painting and the bathtub stoppers needed work. The balcony was cluttered with dirty plastic furniture which we consider dangerous since we are over the age of 60 and a fall in a plastic chair could prove very costly. We had a great view from our third flood unit which we enjoyed very much. I would not recommend staying here if you have little ones. The railing on the balcony moved slightly when pushed so we felt it could give way. Also these units have a door that opens out into the balcony rather than a sliding door. It easily slams shut even without the front door of the unit being opened. It has such force that a child's hand or fingers could be cut off by the force of the door. The hallways and front doors were dirty like a Motel 6. The pool and grounds were very nice. Total paver stone around the pool area for plenty of area to sun. We will probably not return to this complex, but I would not say that it is a place to pass up if you can get a good deal.

Room Tip: Small children need the 1st floor units
Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Cleo1117
Texas
Reviewed 27 September 2009

We stayed in unit 2004 - a 2 bedroom and had a great time. The condo was very clean and nicely decorated. We loved having the washer and dryer in the condo.. They couldn't tell me much about the units before we arrived (which seemed strange and made me nervous), so I was pleasantly surprised to find nice extras like kitchen and beach towels, along with beach chairs and toys in our unit. Grand Carribean should advertise that better, but maybe that was just in our unit. The beach was great and clean and since we traveled after school started the place had few people there - maybe a quarter full. Port A was nice enough - some decent seafood and a grocery store to stock up on the essentials. The pool was nice and my kids enjoyed it. I would definitely recommend this place. The only reason I might not go back is because Port A allows driving on the beach which I think interfere's with the beach experience and feels unsafe with my small kids. By the way - the playground is fun - but is a long walk from the condos by the road.

Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank momof2girlsTexas
Texas
Reviewed 21 September 2009

I normally stay down the road but that place was booked so we decided to try out Grand Caribbean at Dune Crest for the first time. I'm glad the other place was booked because we were very happy with the accommodations. We had 3004 (the monkey themed condo) which is a 2 bedroom and also the laundry area had bunk beds. The view of the pool and the beach was awesome and the boardwalk to the beach was really close and kept in good shape. The condo had it's normal wear and tear but nothing really bad to complain about except the weekend we decided to go, the mosquito's decided to be our welcoming committee. They were really bad the day we checked in. They gave us a day of enjoyment (I guess the wind was too strong for them that day) and then back to seeing us goodbye on Sun. We had enjoyed ourselves so much we wanted to stay another day or 2. The beach was really clean which surprised me because there is always seaweed everywhere but not this time. The only thing we had a problem with was with Jellyfish and the 2 kiddo's that got stung were the one's acting up so I guess it was God's way of punishing them because the rest of us were out in the water for a very long time (because it felt great) and we didn't get stung. I will definitely go back to this condo. I have found a new vacation place in Port Aransas!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Megga-Traveler
Austin, TX
Reviewed 13 July 2009

This was our second time staying in unit 2001. We like that it has an amazing view of the gulf and we enjoyed the sunrises as well. The unit was clean and spacious (it was three bedroom / three baths). My kids also enjoyed the swimming pool, which was nice to swim in after a day at the beach. The sprinkler park and playground is also nice to have for the kids. This is a great place to take the family!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank Rosetta13k
Austin,TX
Reviewed 13 June 2009

These condos are the newest on the island. They are new, clean, and have a great view of the pool and the ocean. The pool is excellent for children, and there is a playground and mini sprinkler park on the premises. We stayed in unit 2001, 3 bedrooms and 3 baths. Very nicely decorated in different beach themes, and the kitchen was very well equipped.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank bchgirl62
Arlington, TX
Reviewed 15 July 2008

We have stayed many nights at the GC. However, we were greatly disappointed in the management's control over the guests' conduct for this July 4th weekend; and it seems to worsen with each summer holiday. Even though this is a relatively new complex, it is unbelievable how much noise travels from unit to unit. Guests are extremely noisy all hours of the night with no concern for other guests. Sand and cigarette ash containers were dumped in the elevators. The GC has added a night security guard, but I'm not sure where he was on the three nights we were there. It is a nice place; however, we just wish the guests were more considerate and mannerly.

• Liked — The view.
  • Disliked — The noise and misconduct of guests. Several of the GC units are managed by a management company other than the GC itself. Some of us renting from the other company feel we are perceived as 'step-children' by the GC management.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank metrotexas