“Cockroaches scared my daughter” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of A Laughing Horse Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Aransas
A Laughing Horse Lodge
“Cockroaches scared my daughter”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

I will never stay at laughing horse lodge again. My daughter was scared by a giant cockroach. The bathroom sink didn't drain well enough to even brush your teeth in the bathroom. The beds and linens were uncomfortable and in general my children were grossed out. We left a day early even paying for a night we didn't use.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Sdcatx

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Everything about this place was awesome. Dog friendly, cute, and they thought of everything. The room had everything we needed and they left dog biscuits with the bowls they provided. They even had a dog tag to put on my dogs collar with the lodge's information should my dog have gotten lost. It was totally kitsch and cute. Everything was CLEAN and in good working order. The grounds were nice. I'm in love with this place. The only reason I can't rate it a perfect five is the bed was terrible. When the two of us layed on it, it was like being in a bed taco. My back hated me while I was there. Why such a perfect place with such awful beds? I mean a motel is a place to sleep, don't mess the sleep up. Just a bit pricey too. Anyways, everything else was just so enjoyable I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank L Z
Austin, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

My cottage was a fun, eclectic, and decent place to stay for the weekend, but what sets it apart is the attention to detail for my four-legged family members. Not only did they have doggie towels and a water dish at the front door, they had a full-blown dog wash station (with pet-friendly soap) to wash off the salt and sand. The Lodge provided id tags in case the dogs decided to roam, and a designated dog walk area, complete with waste bags and disposal bins. For two-legged visitors, this is your basic beach cottage, with colorful decor and comfortable beds. I appreciated the dining advice and I was thrilled with every recommendation. The location is terrific - blocks from the beach and a short walk to many restaurants. The only down side was that I could here my my neighbors on the other side of my wall. Next time, I'll book a detached cottage to have more privacy.

Room Tip: Book a detached cabin for more privacy.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Paula T
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

We took a mini-break with a group of friends. This place was great, close to the beach, restaurants and bars. I'd definitely recommend it to other friends. It's so eclectic which is part of its charm. I'd definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Dark Horse (5B) which is at the very front of the property and even with weekend re...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Debbie B
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

This was our first trip to Port A, and we wanted a laid back, family friendly, and clean place to spend the week. You can't beat the location to the beach (walking distance if you aren't hauling half a village) and if you need a quick bite, there is a great pizza place just two doors down. The staff was super friendly and our cabin was clean with all the comforts of home. We loved the fun yet laid back atmosphere and though we didn't travel with our dogs on this trip, they will certainly come with us next time. Our only complaint was that not every cabin had an outdoor shower, and though it would have been convenient, we made due with a bucket and a towel to help keep the sand to a min while inside. Our neighbors were friendly, and you'd never know so many people were there with their dogs. We've decided to make it a family tradition moving forward, and can't wait for next year!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Amanda R
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

This was the third year in the same cabin and we were planning for next year before we checked out. Still the same friendly place. Cabins are clean and cozy. Very laid back place where you get to know your next door neighbors by the end of your stay. This year management had added a "Dog Wash" so you can give your dogs a bath after visiting the beach. Staff is amazing, they don't micro manage you, but are readily available if you need anything. It has a small town feel and allows you to accomplish what you came for, to enjoy a nice, peaceful vacation by the sea.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank rawilke
ft worth, texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

Fun funky charming . Laughing horse has you need .. All you should need! Grea ac, perfect location , clean and nice friendly staff. We have been visiting for years.
Dog friendly , couple and family friendly too.

• Stayed July 2013