“Great place with a tiny bit of tweeking needed.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Liberty Hall
Ranked #15 of 79 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Port Aransas
“Great place with a tiny bit of tweeking needed.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

The oysters from Maine were amazing. My shrimp melt #2 was incredibly good, however the top was put onto the sandwich not allowing me to admire it prior to eating it and when i pulled the top off the cheese came with it making a bit of a mess of the sandwich. I was looking for the poblano that was supposed to be there and it wasn't It was wonderfully seasoned and the 5 fries served with it were crunchy on the outside and fluffy on the inside...wish there was more of them. The burger ordered was chargrilled and delicious. The bacon looked precooked and was tasteless. Service was good but I was getting the feeling we were being rushed out..like they were closing, like picking up the check before I signed and again before we left. Surprised that all the dinnerware (except a fork) was throw away paper plates and solo cups like you'd take to the beach. They did offer simple syrup for our iced tea which I thought was a nice touch. The paper on top of the tables made me think I was getting crayons. haha We'll go again but the man overseeing everything from the table by the bar, maybe the owner?, kinda bothered me a bit. It was weird. Sorta thought it was his office because people were surrounding him and they were not diners. So, ditch the paper plates and cups, serve the sandwiches with the tops on the side, add a few more fries, and get the owner into his office with a camera system and you'll be good to go. None of these items were deal breakers but I can't give a 5 for these reasons.

• Visited July 2014

Port Aransas, Texas
“Best place for Sunday Brunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Inferno is only opened on weekends right now, but make a point of getting here. They have the best eggs benedict ever. The shrimp and grits is also outstanding. Every week there are new specials on the blackboard also. The chef is remarkable and only uses the freshest of ingredients. If you are in the mood for a hamburger, hope they have the pimento cheese burger on the specials. If not, the bacon cheeseburger is also outstanding. This is a very casual place but very good food.

• Visited May 2014
Austin, Texas
“Bring Back the Mongolian Tacos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We're locals and we eat out quite often. Inferno's is only open a few day a week and just for lunch but the food is fantastic. The service is usually very slow but the quality of food more than makes up for that. My only complaint is that have quit serving Mongolian Tacos. This was on the menu a couple of years ago and for some reason, they took it off. I'm not sure why because everyone I know that had them simply loved them. They were great!!!! Management - if you're reading this, please put them back on the menu.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Why do overpriced restaurants serve customers on chinet plates?:(”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Ok here we go, I love places that charge so much for three shrimp & three oysters, fried, and then serve it on a CHINET plate!! Good grief, okay now we are in freaking TEXAS people give us a cracker and some cocktail sauce with our oysters,not here and you better bring your Vodka with you too!If you want a Bloody Mary,I love a chef to tell me how to eat before I order, just go find out for yourself, we left and went to Virginia's for drinks and a little more friendly atmosphere!

“Superior Wait Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

The best part of Liberty Hall is the outstanding friendly wait staff. Your glass is never empty. They make fresh lemonade to order for sweetness and remember how you like it. The only negative is that they are only open on weekends.

• Visited February 2014