“Will never be back”
Review of Alister Square Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Aransas
Alister Square Inn
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Port Aransas
Reviewed 19 February 2012

First I would like to say the only reason I stayed at this hotel was it is February and they claimed to have a heated pool. We booked 2 rooms for 3 nights, but when we checked in we told the lady the second room we only needed 2 nights. She said we would have to pay for everything up front and when the second room checked out they would refund me. Then I made sure we had the rooms by the pool so I could take my 7 year old swimming. The next morning the pool still wasn't open so I called the front desk and they told me the pool was closed to have work done on it. No one called me to tell me this and the lady when we checked in never said a word! My son was so upset. Later the lady at the front desk said they were going to refund us 1 night for 2 rooms for the inconvenience. I was satisfied with that. This morning (Sunday) I called the front desk and reminded them the people in the second room would be checking out today. An hour later housekeeping knocked on the door wanting to know when we were leaving. I told her only the one room was. She said the owner had booked my room to someone else and she needed to clean it (even though it wasn't even checkout time yet). I went to the front desk and told him only 1 room was leaving and I needed my refund for the room. He was so rude and told me we already got a refund for the rooms and he wasn't giving me anything else. I showed him the refund receipt where Rene wrote that refund was for our inconvenience. He started yelling at me so I told him we were checking out as well. My father was standing behind me and after I left the owner told him I was such a [--]. My father tried to explain to him I felt like I was lied to many times and the owner said he was calling the police. We are also on the banned list for the hotel, not that I will ever be back. Spend the extra $50 and get a room down the street where the rooms are cleaner and don't have old rags left under the dresser. Or ceilings peeling. Or get told by the trashy looking housekeeper she was mad she had to pick up our cigarette butts (which weren't even ours.) The only thing I can say nice about our stay was we were close enough to the other wonderful things about Port A since the pool was no longer an option.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank Vanessa F

Reviewed 23 August 2011

Although we didnt stay long, less than 12 hrs, from check in to check out, we had a really good time. The hotel room was super clean.... My girls got such a kick from the refridge smelling so good I could hardly keep them out of it! There beds & pillows where beyond super soft, My youngest loved to jump & fall on the bed & her laugh was priceless. Once we laid down, we all fell fast asleep. They had a good complimentary breakfast. & It was a very easy check it & check out. Only wish we could of stayed longer... Or atleast took the bed & pillows with us...

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Cairo23
Reviewed 29 July 2011

The air conditioning did not work, the manager was very rude, the room did not have the basic accomodations of any other cheaper motel. Overall a very stressful and uncomfortable stay.

Room Tip: Try a differrent motel.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank missdaisy2011
Reviewed 29 May 2011

Clean, friendly, good location, good value. Need coffeemaker and hairdryers in room.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Travelnutforever
Reviewed 28 February 2011

I stayed for 2 nights and have no complaints . Room was clean , maid service was satifactory . Free continental breakfast was a plus . My only request for a future visit would be to have coffee makers in the room , because the free breakfast/coffee doesn't start until 7:00 AM . I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Port Aransas !

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank wapijaw
Reviewed 13 September 2010

Stayed one night and it was a great stay. Staff was incredible as well as the whole place. Room and pool were very clean and in order. Breakfast was great and had a good amount to choose from. Just a few blocks away from the beach. Next time in town I will be staying at this place again. Great all the way around.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank rolandcuevas
Reviewed 7 September 2010

Stayed at the Alister Square for one night Labor Day weekend. Desk clerk was helpful and friendly as the previous reviewers have stated. Room was clean and quiet except for the loud a/c unit. Beds were somewhat uncomfortable, but value was excellent for the location. Nothing fancy, but clean and mostly comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family