“just ok!! nothing great but location”
Review of Alister Square Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Aransas
Alister Square Inn
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Port Aransas
Reviewed 30 June 2014

They are doing some renovations on the rooms. took out carpet for tile floors. so we walked on a sandy floor during our trip. even though our cleaning lady swept during our stay. had only 1 chair in our room. had to pull table to the bed to eat for the 4 of us. that was awful. the 1 good thing of this hotel is its location. its in the middle of everything. shopping, beach, food. you can walk to all of it. pool was clean. the bedding looks real cheap. sheets are thin. they need to purchase linens. Rates were $95 walk in monday thru Thursday. then jumps up to $165 a night. not worth it at that price. our cleaning lady bonnie was very nice and thourogh cleaning our room. She made sure we had everything we needed for our stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank bellaolarosa
Fred W, Manager at Alister Square Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Alister Square Inn has completed a planned total guest room renovation. The total renovation work including new furniture was completed shortly after the guest left.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

There is a saying on the internet-- Pictures or it never happened. When I posted my review, I didn't post pictures, because--why? But when it was implied that I was misrepresenting my stay... well, time to add the pictures.
We stayed here in December of 2013. We saw very few other vehicles in the parking lot, and now we know why. I stay in motels and hotels at least 100 nights a year for work, and this is the worst motel I've ever been in, in my life. Dirty-- carpet is dirty, the bathtub was covered with soap scum, the chairs and tables were dirty (the sheets and one thin blanket seemed clean, so I used the blanket/bedspread topside down to cover the chair before i'd sit on it). I guess the fact I found no bugs was a plus....the spots on the floor that looked like puke were a minus.

The place was also quite worn and in ill repair. The furniture was de-laminating and sort of puffy/formerly wet looking. Holes for wiring in the walls were not finished.. just raw holes in drywall. Patches in the walls were a different color from the rest of the wall, and a chunk of unfinished 2x4 had been nailed into the floor to act as a door stop to prevent the door knob from knocking a(nother) hole in the wall. Bathroom vanity was cracked, clothes rack was rusted (and had no hangers). Information in the room said breakfast was available, but there was a pot of coffee in the lobby and that was that. (not sure I'd have eaten there anyway)

So-- this is a great big NO!!!!

If the manager can prove they have remodeled since December 2013, then go for it. But this is what I had when I stayed there then. And if they had other, better rooms, given I saw almost no one else there when I was there, why did they put me in this room?

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank GraceandPhilip

Alister Square Inn has completed a total renovation, including flooring and new furniture. It is true that breakfast is no longer offered during the spring and summer. In lieu of the breakfast management chose to reduce both week day and week end rates. A continental breakfast is offered during the winter season.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I am currently staying at the Allister square inn and the room and location is great but the past two nights have been like a college party on both floors. Loud music, yelling, cussing and drinking all night til 4 am and no one has done anything about it. Even had people bang on our door and run away because we had a "do not disturb sign up" I even watched a security guard look their direction and keep walking. Very unhappy with the little control the office has with the crazy guest staying in their hotel. If you like to party this is the place to be.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Chrissy_254
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I just stayed 3 nights at Alister Inn just a week ago. They were rentovating the bottom floors, so I can't tell you what the new rooms will look like. I will tell you there is plenty of space in the rooms. I was impressed with the kitchen. There was a full sized fridge, a stove, full sink, all the pots and pans, baking sheets, utensils, silverware, cups, bowls, even a wine bottle opener and can opener. There was a small table that could be used for eating or a desk. Beds were a little hard and blankets were a little out dated. Overall stay of the room I was pleased though. Location was great. We were just a half mile from beach and walking distance from from great restraunts and souvenier shops. Pool was nice, kind of small but clean. I will come back again.

Room Tip: Check website, sometimes have walk-in specials.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Fred W, Manager at Alister Square Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2015

Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again in the future

Reviewed 17 February 2014

The Good - the front desk was nice and check in a breeze. I paid $49.99 so got a great deal. The Flat Screen tv, microwave, frig looked new. The full bed was comfortable, pillow very thin. Phone worked, blow dryer worked.

The Bad - Was told all rooms were Non Smoking. Not true. The Handicapped room smelled like rank cigars and musty. Also, this is a pet friendly motel so the room also smelled like a dog. There was dog hair in the chairs. Handicapped shower shows age. Could use a major heavy duty cleaning. The people next door had a small puppy which barked and howled non stop when they left him alone. I called front desk and they took care of it. Lastly, when packing up to leave, I go out and 3 older males are literally leaning on the back of my truck smoking and talking. They said, "Is this your truck? We kinda borrowed it". "I said yes and I am leaving". I was LIVID! As I was loading my things, they remained stuck to my vehicle. Had I not been in a hurry, I would have called the cops. Losers. Spend more money and go to a nicer condo or motel. In the summer these rooms are much pricier and NOT WORTH IT!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Fred W, Manager at Alister Square Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thank you for your comments as we continually strive to exceed guest expectations. It is true that we are a pet friendly accommodation but only a few units are designated for pets. Had the guest contacted management about these concerns we would have assisted the guest in relocating to another unit. Unfortunately the behavior of others we have no control over other then to address negative behavior when management is requested to do so. We hope that you will choose to stay with us in the future and we will do everything possible to make your experience more pleasant.

Fred Williams
Property Manager

Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel over the weekend. We paid $80 a night for a room with two king beds. The room was fairly clean and served its purpose. The only time we spent there was to sleep. The beds were a little stif and the Internet did not work the entire time I was there (two nights). I don't think I would go back during the summer season, but I during the off season, I might return.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 October 2013

October Off season. I Would stay here again,,,only upstairs . The room was Clean, comfortable and quietly cool. Grounds were clean and well lit as was the pool. The staff was friendly and helpful. The beach, parks, shopping, restaurants, convenience stores, surf shops were all nearby.

Room Tip: upstairs is quieter
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple