“Best breakfast EVER”

Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The last beach shack in Port Aransas on top of the wave.
Austin, TX
“Best breakfast EVER”
Reviewed 2 March 2008

We ate breakfast at Beach & Station St. Grill this morning before leaving Port Aransas, and it was fantastic! Our waitress was nice and she overheard me saying I wanted salsa and brought some over before I even had the chance to ask.

My husband said his chicken friend steak was the best he'd ever had in his life, and the eggs were perfect. I loved my veggie omelet and hash browns, and my son loved his cheese omelet, hash browns and biscuit.

This place was right across the street from our hotel, and we didn't eat here until our last day. We should have eaten here every morning! We'll definitely be back!

4 Thank lisanothingmuch

Boerne TX
“The Best Chef on the Island”
Reviewed 18 June 2007

We were recently on the Island from June 6th-10th and had the privilege to eat truly some of the best food we've ever had in our adult lives. While my husband claims to not be a Food Snob, I am proud to admit it. Quietly tucked away off the main drag (and away from the tourist traps) is the best chef possibly in the state of Texas. He is self effacing, pleasant, and just an amazing chef. (He would say 'cook'.) Whoever taught that man to cook did the world a great service. Here is a sampling of what we had.

Portobello "Fries" with homeade dipping sauce - caps sliced lengthwise and fried perfectly crisp in a crunchy peppery batter served with a creamy but tangy tomato/pepper dip. Absolutely fabulous

Grilled Shrimp and Steak - Deceptively simple but the quality is where the magic is here. Served with sauteed peppers and portobellos and a potato. My advice, skip the potato and chew everything very very very slowly. The buttery grill sauce on the shrimp is devastating.

Tilapia Filets with Baby Shrimp Pico de Gallo - dude, why say anything. The ingredients were perfect. Super fresh clean taste. We ate too fast again. Very refreshing but still filling.

Stuffed Flounder - If you are diagnosed with a terminal illness get down there and eat this. Gil fills an enormous filet with a cornmeal based stuffing that has shrimp, red and green bell pepper, and onions. The fish is still swimming, just in butter. It was at this particular meal that I learned the most important lesson to eating dinner here.
GET THE SPECIAL AND ASK GIL TO CHOOSE THE SIDES

Veggie Omelette - The eggs were so light they were almost invisible, meanwhile the veggies were cooked just long enough to wake up their natural flavors. Gil folds the omelette like a crepe layered with REAL cheese. Yes, it was breakfast but it was still sensational.

The downside is we had to leave and we have no Gil in Boerne. Not even close. We may starve to death because average food isn't worth eating.

Rachel and Bruce Harbour