“Quality Food”

Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: German, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Marcel's Restaurant is located at 905 Hwy 361 (S. Alister Street becomes Hwy 361 as you head south of the main part of town). We are located almost directly across the street from the Seafood & Spaghetti Works building.
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My wife and I ate there February 14th, 2013 for Valentines Day. The food and wine was very good and service was good. We will return again...

There are newer reviews for Marcel's Restaurant

Reviewed 24 September 2013

We have been enjoying Marcel's for over seven years. We live on North Padre Island, about 20 miles south of Port Aransas. We have several excellent restaurants closer then Marcel's, but when we want a quiet, romantic, superb dining experience, it is well worth the drive to Marcel's. The owner/chef Marcel, a tall, amiable German fellow, is always there making sure everything is just right. He will often come over to visit guests at their tables to see that all is to their satisfaction, which is an uncommon and welcome personal touch. Marcel's has some of the finest import German beers on draft, a good wine list, very capable, well trained and quality servers, and the prices are surprisingly reasonable. The restaurant is nicely furnished, quiet, no hurries, not like some places with deliberately high noise levels to stop patrons from relaxing too long. At Marcel's, just savor, relax and take your time.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Atmosphere in restaurant is wonderful! We love this place. Living in Port Aransas, TX....we have many options. Marcel's should be reviewed on the Food Network!!! Oyster appetizers were the best....many choices for appetizers. Our waiter Alan was the best!!! The sauces on our main dishes were beautiful...cranberry base on my date's roast beef and wasabi base on my mahi mahi. The amount of food was perfect...a little pricy but well worth it. When visiting Port Aransas...a must meal stop.

1  Thank Alice L
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We eat here every time we come to Port Aransas.
Sometimes we get in two meals.
The food is just great!!

Reviewed 2 September 2013

We chose to eat at this restaurant for my daughter's birthday dinner based on reviews I had seen on trip advisor, we were not disappointed! The staff were ver friendly (our waiter Gianni was great). The food was great. I had the chicken fortuna, the pasta that came with this dish was the best I have ever tasted! The chicken and mushroom sauce was beautiful too. My only criticism would be that my daughter's lamb shank could have done with cooking longer to make it more tender, it was tasty but a little chewy. Both the almond cheesecake and dark chocolate cheesecake were excellent, very subtle flavours and not overly large portions. All in all a great meal, beautifully cooked and a relaxed atmosphere, would definitely eat here again.