“Average eating experience. Inconsistant service & food quality”

Virginia's On The Bay
Ranked #14 of 82 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I have eaten here on several occasions and the food is either very good or so so. Sometimes the service is very good, but many times very bad with long waits. Food is pricy, which I do not mind as long as the food and service are excellent. I have stop going to this restaurant.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,106)

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

The food and service are great, but what makes Virginia's special is the location. A group of seven of us had dinner on a Saturday night. We had a table right on the water and the colors bouncing off the still water as the sun set was breathtaking. I had the "Cajun dump" (horrible name btw) and would definitely recommend it to others.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

We went to this establishment on Sunday to have lunch. It's an upscale restaurant ( at least we thought it was).... The Guacamole appetizer was out of a squeeze bag..(Wholly Guacamole ) , the Seafood Gumbo consisted of some sort of brown goop with a few tiny salad shrimp... Could not identify what else was floating in the brown goop. The Wedge salad had imitation bacon, bleu cheese and dressing. The cheeseburger tasted like someone had sprinkled sugar on it instead of salt!!! When we confronted the waitress about the horrible excuse for food... She became very defensive and even tried to convince us that the guacamole was made fresh daily. She proceeded to send the poor excuse for an Owner/Manager over to our table who also defended her disgusting food she serves everyday to unsuspecting innocent people. She replied and I quote" I can't believe that you do not like any of what you ordered! I don't know what you are trying to pull! But I refuse to comp the bill!" Soooo we ended up having to pay for this disgusting food... Did not tip the rude waitress!!! And had to go to Whataburger to eat. Having lunch at Whataburger was pleasant, friendly, and ofcourse always good! Do NOT waste your time going to Virginias!!! It is a rip off!!! And the woman/ Owner/Manager has NO BUSINESS!!! In the Restaurant Industry!!!!

1  Thank kjkangels1984
Reviewed 6 April 2014

The staff had my husband and I laughing the entire time. The bloody mary was simply to die for and only $6.50

Reviewed 5 April 2014

The food here was good, but the atmosphere is old looking and loud. The bathroom was awful and one stall. Make it worse they allow smoking, just not cigar smoking ? Weird anyways I thought trout stree next door was better, and not as loud and cleaner!