“First time to visit, and it lived up to it's 1st place ranking!”
Review of Irie's Island Food

Irie's Island Food
Ranked #1 of 80 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Irie's Island Food is an extra casual, very small restaurant serving lunch only. Hours of operation are seasonal in this vacation town. We feature fresh handmade food prepared by the chef/owner who is a graduate of the Culinary institute of America. Creative tacos on house made tortillas, Hawaiian, Asian, American/tropical, and international cuisine is offered at our establishment. We also make New Orleans style beignets from scratch, roast our own coffee, and even have creme brulee to go!
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We try to visit local places that are ranked high so we decided to give Irie's a try, based on its 1st place ranking. And it sure didn't disappoint!
I had the chicken skewer appetizer with peanut dipping sauce, and I wanted to go back and order more to go! We also had a fish taco and a shrimp poor boy, both very fresh and very yummy!
This place will be first on our list to visit when we come back to the island!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stumbled on Iries unexpectedly - saw their sign for homemade soups and stopped in. They had closed but the owner, who was still there, was kind enough to both let me in and sell me as take out, two cups of soup - one spicy carrot, the other the dark soup with meat bits and veggies that starts with an M. Both were brilliant - very good and clearly homemade.

I will go back to explore the rest of their menu - the serve full meals, and strongly recommend that anyone on the island do the same.

Enjoy.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have had both the chicken salad and the springroll salad and they were wonderful. I have tried both the coconut lime and black sesame dressings. Again, delicious and creative blends. Their soups are very tasty and not run-of-the-mill. Wonderful blends of flavors and textures. Who wants fast food for lunch when this amazing food is available? Two thumbs up!

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Irie's Island Food is hands down the best Island food on this Island. If you're looking for a great place to sit down to grab a bite to eat or even to call in an order to go elsewhere to grub, Irie's is the place for you. I've tried multiple items on their menu and some of the specials as well, and my taste buds are always amazed. They offer a great atmosphere as well, sit outside on a picnic bench on the paved patio or sit inside and jam to some classic tunes. Seriously if you haven't tried it yet, get there now. Great food in great time and it's easy on the wallet too! Leaving taste buds satisfied, Irie's Island Food. ♥♥♥

Reviewed 27 October 2013

These newcomers to Port A's restsurant scene have, Hands down, the most creative menu I've seen in a great while! Flavorful options for everyone! Spring roll salad with awesome black sesame dressing is well worth a try!