“Don't miss out on this one.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Irie's Island Food
Ranked #1 of 79 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Description: Irie's Island Food is an extra casual, very small restaurant serving lunch only. Hours of operation are seasonal in this vacation town. We feature fresh handmade food prepared by the chef/owner who is a graduate of the Culinary institute of America. Creative tacos on house made tortillas, Hawaiian, Asian, American/tropical, and international cuisine is offered at our establishment. We also make New Orleans style beignets from scratch, roast our own coffee, and even have creme brulee to go!
Fort Worth
“Don't miss out on this one.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Do yourself a favor:

Make sure no matter how long you're staying in Port Aransas, whether it's a day or a week or however long it may be...make certain...you eat here.

The food was incredible, the music selection was perfect, and the prices and service were top notch.

I'm not sure when we'll be coming back to Port Aransas but it won't be soon enough to have Irie's again!

• Visited June 2014
5 Thank West1705

texas
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

The food at Irie's is so good! We had the fried avocado taco, chicken fried rice, tomato soup, oyster poor boy, hot dog, and hamburger. The tortillas and hamburger buns are homemade. We loved the tomato soup. The chicken fried rice was my least favorite. There was nothing wrong with it, just a little too busy for me. There is very little seating so you may want to take it to go. I look forward to going back next summer!

2 Thank tishardh
Balmorhea, Texas
“Excellent food is killing them”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

The food was excellent! We chose to do takeout because of the small number of tables and the large crowd. If you do takeout call ahead or go at 11am. Because the food is so good, they are overwhelmed. We waited about 40 min for our lunch.

2 Thank barbsbaby
Waco, Texas
“Glad We Finally Found Good Seafood in the Area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I were so excited to visit the coast because we used to live on a Greek island in the Mediterranean and love fresh seafood. Unfortunately, everywhere we ate in the Corpus Christi and Port Aransas area did not taste anything like we were expecting, (even at the higher end restaurants)...that is until we tried Irie's Island Food. Everything was so fresh and tasted absolutely delicious. I was sad that we had wasted time (and lots of money!) eating anywhere else to be honest. I am still craving their tacos two weeks after our return home. This is the first place you should visit when arriving to the area.

5 Thank Leia D
Houston, Texas
“Not what I was hoping for :(”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

After reading all of the reviews, I couldn't wait to give Irie's a try. I was so disappointed. All day I was mad it wasn't what I was hoping for! We got there around 12:30 on a Saturday. It was busy, but it is a really small place so it doesn't take many people to appear extra crowded. We ordered a few different things. Sadly the crinkle cut fries were the best thing we got, and I wouldn't even recommend those. All of our food came out separately and we literally took a bite or 2 of everything and wasted the rest :( I could have done much better thing with that $27!

The tacos fell apart because the tortillas seemed to be old. Everything was pretty bland and dry. The bun for the hotdog was old and falling apart. We ordered the Fish taco (bland, no cream sauce, tortilla crumbled), the shrimp taco (bland, no cream sauce like in the picture posted, tortilla crumpled, grilled shrimp was ok), the crunchy beef taco (really greasy), the fried chicken taco (also very bland, only tortilla that didn't crumble), bacon wrapped hot dog (very dry, old bun), crinkle cut fries (came so late to the table I thought the guy didn't ring them up).

I am not sure if we came on an off day or what. It was a Saturday and they put a sign on the door at 1:30 stating they were closed because they sold out. Maybe that's why all our food was nasty because it was the last of everything they had. I don't know. All I do know is that I won't be back.

• Visited June 2014