“After travel a fast place to eat”
Review of Port A Pizzeria

Port A Pizzeria
Ranked #3 of 79 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Join us for our all-day buffet every day, offering fresh salad, pizza, and pasta dishes. Order of the menu and enjoy our popular specialty pizzas, calzones, and sandwiches. Many of our dishes are also available as part of our gluten-free menu.
Tampa, Florida
“After travel a fast place to eat”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

After several hours of traveling everyone wants food fast and Port "A" Pizzeria is a place to get that job done. The pizza buffet is plentiful and the salad bar fresh. The service is friendly and efficient, used plates quickly removed so as not to clutter the table when more pizza is gotten for seconds and thirds. Besides the pizza there is spaghetti and mac and cheese and soft serve ice cream for dessert. I say it's a quick, low budget starter supper for a weekend at the beach.

1 Thank Gabriele S

Austin, Texas
“Food Poisoning”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My family and I visited Port A in the last week of June/first of July timeframe. We decided to do pizza one night instead of seafood, so we decided to try this place. My wife has Celiac so we ordered one gluten free pizza (Pepperoni and cheese) and one regular pizza (Half cheese and half beef) for the kids. We ordered it to go and took it home to eat. My wife ate a couple bites of her gluten free pizza and immediately showed symptoms of getting sick. She didn't though, just felt bad with a stomach ache, and decided to skip dinner. I ate the regular pizza with the kids and it was fine - just an average pizza, no different than any chain. Luckily, we did not get sick. The next day, my wife said that she feared that there may be gluten in her gluten free pizza and that I should eat it instead - so I did. Within two hours I was uncontrollably sick. Clearly, it was not a gluten issue, it was food poisoning and I ate 3/4ths of the pizza. I was down for the count the rest of day and all that night. Ugly. So needless to say, I am not a fan and would not recommend. The sickness passed and I was able to at least participate in the last day of our vacation.

2 Thank GSM5
Joshua
“Not enough pizza for buffet style service on weekends.”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

During our visit to Port A Pizzeria the buffet was consistently empty. The entire restaurant was packed and it was the weekend. Any pizza buffet should know that there should be at least two pepperoni pizzas and two cheese pizzas out at all times. We had to wait for pizza to be put out and mist times by the the time it was our turn the pizza was already gone. Also, the soda machine was out of Dr a Pepper and ice. And the pasta trays were constantly empty as well. They need to hire more employees to keep up with things.

1 Thank TCJtown
Frisco, Texas
“Good for a casual dinner with kids”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I've read the other reviews of this place and think I'm missing something. The pizza was really just so-so, reminded me of Mr Gattis with fewer games. The staff was very friendly and seemed to keep the buffet fresh. We visited on our first night in town, so we were looking for something fast and low key as we were all tired from the drive. The kids enjoyed the macaroni and cheese and dessert pizzas.

• Visited June 2014
Texas
“Pizza”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Great place to take my Grandkids. Salad and pizza was fresh. Very busy and the kids loved the game room. The employees were nice. Kept pizza plentiful on the buffet. Dessert pizza yummy.

Visited June 2014