“Okay, but kind of dreary”
Review of Sea Isle Village

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Aransas
Sea Isle Village
Reviewed 1 May 2011

We stayed one night during the annual Sand Festival. It is about a 15 minute walk down the beach from Sea Isle Village to the Sand Festival, so the location is great.

The room itself, however, was only so-so. I think this is one of those properties where the exact unit that you end up in makes a big difference. We stayed in #58, which was on the bottom floor. Lesson learned: stay in a room on the top floor - I'm guessing those have a much better view of the water.

Also, unlike our unit, some of the units have nice-looking private patios/balconies. We would have enjoyed that.

The unit we stayed in itself was a bit tired: very early 1970s looking. The cleanliness was not up to par. There was quite a bit of dust on the floor near the front window. Many of the utensils and plates in the kitchen had dried or oily food on them, so they clearly had not been washed.

So while the price was reasonable, compared to other properties, the old adage is true: you get what you pay for. We won't be staying at Sea Isle Village again.

Room Tip: Stay upstairs, in a room with a private balcony
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 2Alaska09

Reviewed 24 February 2010

We are frequent San Antonio TX visitors to Sea Isle Village since my children were 7yrs old. They surprised me on my birthday and they all booked rooms for my husband & I, my daughter , her husband and my grandson and my two sons along with all my five sisters and two brothers and their children. We had such a great fun time that weekend and I got to celeberate my very BIG 4th of July birthday 2009 with all of them. We set-up three big tents on the beach and played games all day. They really enjoyed the clean rooms, cable, swimming pool and so close to the beach! Their accomodiations were very fair and great food at any restaurant on the Island. The local food mart and gas stations are also just around the corner. Thank you again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank anitaaflores
Reviewed 27 April 2009

This place is fantastic! Great staff, freindly, helpful, like one big family. Rooms are clean and many are being remodeled or updated. Nice walking/ running path to beach. Pool is clean and well maintained. This was our 4th winter, and we stay 3 months. We can only sing our praises!!! See ya all in January!!! Love Port A

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank smittygrrl
Reviewed 27 April 2009

My husband and I stayed at Sea Isle Village January through March. The staff is excellent, very helpful and accommodating. We stayed in 44, 2b/2b great view from the deck. We will return next year.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pegs222
Reviewed 3 March 2009

The location couldn't be better, the rooms are old but clean, BUT the management has problems. The 2 women in the office couldn't suck worse. They are rude and condescending. We like this place but will NEVER go back because of these two women. I have one word for these two "KARMA"

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank AUSTREASURE
Reviewed 25 August 2008

Our family (two adults, three teens) stayed in a condo at Sea Isle Village recently. Even though the units were older, they were well maintained with definite TLC from the owners. Sea Isle Village is located very close to the beach, and also very convenient to everything in Port A itself. Overall, a nice deal for the $$$.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 8 July 2008

Home of the $50.00 fine.
Unofficial Motto: give us time, we'll make up more fines.

After staying at Sea Isle Village for many years, there is a noteable shift in management. They have created $50.00 fines for several "offenses."
1. $50.00 if a pet is inside a room,
2. $50.00 for being in the pool area after 10:00PM,
3. $50.00 (or is it tow-away?) for non-resident parking after 9:00PM.

It's as if the management is saying "we don't want your business any longer." The staff is stern and not friendly to customers.
Our friends and famiy have been staying at the Sea Isle during the 4th of July for years, but we will be searching for another place to stay next year.
Sea Isle will lose thousands of dollars because of $50.00 fines.

Stayed: July 2008