“Great atmosphere for a beach bar”

Stingrays Taphouse and Grill
Ranked #17 of 80 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Looking to get away from the stress of work? Lose yourself at Stingrays. There is a perfect combination of food, drinks, outdoor seating, billiards and other activities. We weren't very hungry, but needed to find a World Cup game in Port Aransas. We had the appetizers mainly, along with a few brews. I did notice that the beer warmed up quickly, and the humidity wilted the chips over time, so just be aware. We loved the hot wings, and I like my cold shrimp on ice, but they were still good. We also had the Cookie Skillet, which was warm and gooey, perfect with ice cream.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stingray’s turned out to be one of the most pleasant dining experiences in Port Aransas.

It’s really a sports bar with an outside patio/seating area, but that didn’t detract from our enjoyment and the ability to bring out well-behaved dog. Note that the menu is heavily weighted toward fried in the seafood department, and that could be a deciding factor for some diners. However, the menu is extensive and offers a good variety of pizza, sandwiches and other choices. Take note: the broccoli slaw is unique and not to be missed. The food was good and plentiful and the selection of 20 craft draught brews was pleasing. Ask for a “flight” or sampler if you’re unsure of your beer tastes during your visit.

Our server, Maggie, was particularly solicitous as were others who made sure our dog was well-hydrated in the heat and humidity.

1  Thank newsguygeorge
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We decided to go for the Spurs' game; however, I encountered one of the best burgers I've had: Maker's Mark Burger. Plus they let me keep my cup.

2  Thank Williams C
Reviewed 15 June 2014

It was the first game of the Spurs/Heat playoffs and we were quickly seated outside with our little pup. The food was served quickly. Oh my, the broccoli slaw was amazing. The shrimp was just a little better than the beer battered amber jack. My husband totally enjoyed a flight of beer and the opportunity to sample the tastes of summer. Service was excellent and included a water bowl for our pup.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I had the Ahi Tuna Sliders. They were just okay. They didn't have much flavor and were over priced in my opinion. The French fries were homemade and were very good. Our waitress was friendly and professional as well as all the other employees. I would try eating here again but try something different.