“Feels like home.....but not in a good way!”
Review of Beachcomber

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Aransas
Beachcomber
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Port Aransas
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Not terrible place to stay. But u have to be at certain end of room for wifi and there is absolutely no boat parking. Parking is really crowded. Not a bad location. Beach is close. If u are like us and don't spend a lot of time in room....then this is fine. Pretty clean and comfortable. But also feel like you have to clean it spotless when u leave or will be fined.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Frogs6974
There are newer reviews for Beachcomber

Reviewed 4 September 2012

After two visits to the Beachcomber Motel, I highly recommend it. It is clean, close to the beach and very inexpensive. This is definitely not a fancy place, so hotel snobs most likely will not be pleased, (older furniture/appliances/structure), but if you are looking for a casual, clean family place, this is it! Additionally, Melissa & Julian offer excellent customer service!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Niki C
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I have stayed in this hotel since I was young and with my parents. Now I am married with a little one of my own and I still LOVE it! This isn't some super nice rich place, but if I'm at the beach, this is exactly what I'm looking for. A nice, beach cabin feel. Everything works, everything is well kept, and the service is awesome! I will continue to stay here as long as they are open! Super close to the beach and downtown! I love you guys, see ya soon!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle N
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I stayed here with my two adult Children. I couldn't believe the condition of this place.
We stayed on the second floor and I wasn't sure the stairs woould hold us. uneven and tripprd almost every time i went up. Very dirty carpets,nasty walls that need painting. My daughter cleaned the whole kitchen with cleaning whipes we brought. Dirt in all corners, yuck.
My bed had sandpapper sheets. This place needs paint and a good cleaning.
I will never stay here again!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank dabodden
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Went to Beachcomber mid-August, just before school starts again. Melissa (one of the family member and owners) was very cordial and friendly. However, if you have never stayed at this property there are a few things you need to be very aware of BEFORE you lay down that deposit. The location is great, a very easy walk to the beach. The property itself has seen better days, and is very worn. DO NOT EXPECT this to be on par with your typical Holiday Inn or even a Motel 6...not even close. Expect old appliances, worn carpet, old furnishings, etc. Think mobile home park regarding clients, furnishings, etc.

All I want in this review is to set your expectations. I can tell you that for about 30% less money there is a great Days Inn about 2 miles south that is newer, cleaner, roomier, and just as close to the beach.

Port Aransas Beach itself is great and family friendly. You can load up, drive down to, and park right on the beach. Sure beat lugging all your junk down there on your back or in a wagon. Beach parking permits are only about $12, and sold at most local stores.

Enjoy!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank A V
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We recently stayed at the Beachcomber.

THE GOOD: The property manager was very welcoming and cordial. The proximity to the beach was great (a 3-5 minute walk). The facility was very quiet. The salt water pool was very clean. The price was good.

THE BAD: The hot tub looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a while (it was green). The mattress was very uncomfortable.The futon was too thin to give a good nights sleep. (It was definitely too small for two kids, not to mention two adults). The alarm clock did not work. When we looked to see if it was the connection, we found an extension cord with a clump of duct-tape attaching the wire to the clock.

THE UGLY: The carpet was stained and torn, the walls and ceiling had cracks and were long overdue for repair and a fresh coat of paint.The blinds needed to be replaced. The bathroom curtain rod was rusted, the floor tiles were separating. Dust covered the window sills. There were roaches.

We weren't expecting something new, but were expecting something clean and well kept. Unfortunately, this was not what we found.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank JosephMarie
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I've stated it before and I'll say it again...this place is marvelous. Yes...it's a little tired, but look around you...most of PA is. The important thing is that its clean, safe and affordable. We've been coming to this little place for about 10 years. It's family owned and ran. Though the younger generation has taken over, the hospitality is still there. The units are quaint, well equiped, furnished and fully stocked kitchens. Don't freak out....but you're pretty much on your own for cleaning up after yourself. :-) It's you're home away from home. Less than 2 blocks from the beach on Ave G. Close enough to get to the surf quick but far enough to be away from the beach traffic. Hope you find the time to check it out. If you want to pay for room service and someone else to cook your meals...this is not your place.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends