“Oh my god. Stay away this hotel is filthy...” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Americas Best Value Inn - Corpus Christi / Port Aransas
Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in Port Aransas
Austin, Texas
“Oh my god. Stay away this hotel is filthy...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2010

Oh my god. Stay away this hotel is filthy dirty found used condoms in drawer. Dead bugs all over. Towels were thin and like sand paper. Management is unresponsive. Someone knocked on door looking for someone at 3 am. This hotel not suggested for anyone who does not carry a hand gun. Pool however was crststal clear. Look elsewhere this place sucks hands down.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank HOTELGENIUS1
rubenreyes, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Corpus Christi / Port Aransas, responded to this review, 10 August 2011
I do apologize for the fact that you did not enjoy your stay we have talked to our staff and have asked them to make sure to look in all of the drawers of each and every room as they clean them. I hope that you return, and stay with us so that you may see that I do empathize with your complaint, and have acted swiftly to resolve the issue so that it never happens again.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2010

This is the worst place ever. The attendant was rude and obnoxious. The place was dirty, don't let the picture of the pool fool you. You have to walk across the street to get to the pool and it was very dirty. DON"T STAY HERE!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mery25
I have read your complaint and have talked to my staff about your issues, I have asked them to pay closer attention to their work. I also noted that you used the swimming pool across the street from our hotel. For this I also apologize, I will make sure that my staff explains to out future patrons where our pool is on the property, so that they do not erroneously use the swimming pool that sits across from out hotel.

Travellers are raving about these Port Aransas hotels

Allentown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2010

The towels were very thin. They didn't provide hand towels. I had to ask for more toilet paper - they should have just had an extra roll in the room. It would take 20 minutes to walk to the beach from here, so we drove. It was advertised as close to the beach. There is one grill to cook on for the whole complex. They do have a nice clean pool. The ice machine is too small for the complex.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mee07
rubenreyes, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Corpus Christi / Port Aransas, responded to this review, 10 August 2011
I am so sorry to read that you did not have a pleasant stay I have asked my staff to make sure that all of our rooms have enough toilet paper rolls and towels. I invite you to come back to your home away from home, and ask that you give us the opportunity to show you that we understand the true meaning of customer service.

DFW
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2010

Loved it! The rooms are very clean! If you're spending your day at the beach, why pay for fancy hotels? This jewel of Port A is a great value! All appliances worked just bring your own dishes and coffee supplies. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was clean and like the room, in good shape. I didn't get a chance to dive into the pool but it was sparkling clean and inviting! A/C was cold and felt great after a day in the sun. What more can you ask for? I highly recommend. The management was very nice. I can't wait to go back! #215-Shannon- Thank you Davis and family/staff for a great stay!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay, and wanted to let you know how much I value you and all of my guests, and look forward to seeing you again. I also wanted thank you for your kinds words in your review.

Davis
Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2010

!! I wished I had just spent the $20 more a night and stayed at bay tree condo which the rooms are bigger and not broken. I had to plan this trip last minute so I completely forgot to check the reviews. All the reviews are true and worse.The staff is rude and would only give you one towel each, like anyone would want to steal one of thier cheap, paper thin, small bath towels. The plumbing in the shower was barely holding on with one screw. Rotten wood on bath room door has a huge hole in it. Becareful in the shower or bring a slip mat or you will fall down. The pool was ok but don't use the side steps to get in or out the step is broken and jagged and you will get cut. If your looking for a quiet get away don't go here the walls are paper thin we could here loud music,fighting, slaming doors all night! At least till 3am that's when we fell asleep. The air doesn't keep the room cool and we had it set at 60* all day and night. Most importantly don't trust the pictures of the pool or rooms they are not even close. Save yourself some misery and do not stay here.

• Stayed July 2010
2 Thank beachlover99Texas
Greetings, I am so very sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay I have looked into the issues that you described and have resolved them all. I could not find the issue with the pool though, and very concerned for the safety of my guests so I asked a pool company to look into the issue that you described and they could not find the jagged edge that you described. I hope that you return, and give us the opportunity to show you the true meaning of customer service.

austin tx
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2010

Everything was either broken, dirty or mystery stains on it. Stains on the entire bathroom wall that looked like blood splatter. Splatters on the bed rail and tv stands as well. They claim they were ink stains. However they expected any one to be ok with it and was quite suprised when I questioned it. Tiles in the bathroom were broken. Towel rack in the bathroom beside the "ink splatter" was broken. Didn't know ink could cause such damage. Broken towel wrack under the bathroom sink for decoration I guess. Tub faucet broken, just a strand from falling off. Very dirty floors. Outside of the building very dirty. Broken unfinished broken stairs that led to 2nd floor. Staff was rude and unconcerned. Said their was other rooms on the island. Very expensive for the unkept conditions. Looked more like an hourly motel.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank melifluous170
Hello, I am so very sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay I have looked into the issues that you described and have resolved them all. I hope that you return, and give us the opportunity to show you the true meaning of customer service.

Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2009

Absolutely Disgusting and rude management to top it off! There were mouse droppings in the kitchenette and no blankets on the bed. They even came and "cleaned" the room the next day and the mouse droppings were still on the counter. The other problem is that there are no blankets on on the bed so you have to use the bedspread as a blanket. When I requested a blanket from the hotel office I was told they don't have any!!! I ask if they washed the bedspreads after each guest stay and the reassured me they did but I have serious doubts based on the other conditions of the hotel. From the minute I walked into the office with my two young sons I received horrible service. I booked this hotel through Expedia and I had inadvertently noted one child rather than two. Evidently, this signaled to them that I was trying to get away with something and was told that if I had any additional people stay in the room with me I would have to pay an additional fee. We had two thread bare towels in our room and when I requested a 3rd I thought they were going to do a background check on me before giving me another one! This is abosolutely the WORST hotel I have every stayed in.

I am very disappointed in Expedia for allowing this hotel on their website. I have always booked my hotels though them with confidence and now I will definitely be much more cautious if I ever even use them again. I spoke to a manager at Expedia and explained my concerns but they said they could do nothing about getting me out of my reservation and they would probably allow the hotel to stay on their website because of the advertising agreement. I guess the advertisers are more important than the people they provide the service to which is really disappointing.

The management of this hotel should not be allowed to rent rooms in this condition. I am a single Mom and had hoped for a nice weekend at the beach and the condition of the hotel definitely put a damper on the weekend. I am extremely disppointed in Expedia for representing such a horrible establishment and the lack of response to help me.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank vester_m
abviportaransastx, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn - Corpus Christi / Port Aransas, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for the stay at the ABVI and writing the review with observations.

We apologize for whatever may have happened howsoever.

Please note that we have investigated the unfortunate trouble you had, but have taken remedial steps to see that it never happens again to any of our guests.

We have done a thorough check up of the rooms and taken steps for maintaining the best cleanliness in the rooms and premises.

The hotel is due for a redo shortly.

Once again we are sorry for the same and please do rethink and visit us.

We will see that you get a nice experience.

Hotel Manager.