“"Clean and Friendly Staff"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Aransas
Seashell Village Resort
San Antonio, Texas
“"Clean and Friendly Staff"”
Reviewed 13 August 2012

We stayed here recently and overall we enjoyed our stay. We stayed in a village #2 that did not have a full kitchen just a microwave and small refrigerator. A few comments to point out is the outdated small 19" television in our room was not working properly and there is no bathroom counter space. The other 9" television in the living area did no justice and you could hardly see the screen from across the room. So maybe the televisions were meant not to be used since your supposed to be at the beach- I'm guessing. There is a yellow patch on the wall that looks tacky and could use some white paint. Considering its a beach hotel, the room was clean and the staff was very friendly. On the first night we were there we noticed a family having a barbeque underneath a small pavallion near the pool, we then saw them again in the same spot on Saturday afternoon and yet again Saturday night. I don't know if its on a first come first serve but It would have been nice to use the area for barbeque with the kids if we only had a chance. Lastly the parking spaces are very limited. We came back from the beach on Saturday night and there was a lady standing on parking space holding it for her husband to park from another location. It took us 20 minutes to find a parking space. My husband and I have stayed here before and we will stay here again. Great location too!

Room Tip: If you want to cook stay in a room with full kitchen.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Duncan, Oklahoma
Reviewed 31 July 2012

This is our 3rd stay at Seashell Village and we absolutely love this place. We have stayed in 3 different units and have been 110% satisfied with each one. The location is perfect to the beach and restaurants and the atmosphere is spectacular. I like that they added a 2nd pool. I recommend this place to everyone thinking of traveling to Port Aransas. We will be staying there again next year for vacation.

• Stayed July 2012
San Angelo, Texas USA
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Yes, the staff was great, beds were comfortable, but the lack of enforcement of rules left
a sour taste. The weekdays were good, the weekend brought in people that abused the
pool hours leaving glass bottles and trash, people that crowded too many occupants into
one room. If you have a bottom floor, there is little insulation from overhead footsteps.
We saw no security during our stay to enforce noise ordinances or pool rules.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Nello_46
Martha65, General Manager at Seashell Village Resort, responded to this review, 2 August 2012
I sincerely apologize for the negative experience you had here due to the inconsiderate behavior of our guests. We do rely on reports of noise/disturbances on our after hours phone in order to rectify these issues and I am really sorry that was not made clear to you. We do not currently have security in our complex though that is something we may need to consider adding in the future to ensure the enjoyment of every guest. Thank you for the compliment about our staff, and our comfy beds. Hope to have you back in the near future!
Baird, Texas, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2012

This was our first trip to Port Aransas and we WILL be back!! We will stay here again hands down.
The rooms were very nice, clean, and exactly as described. The staff were very friendly and very helpful...we had to check in late on Thursday evening and the experience was great...the keys exactly where they said and the check in could not have been easier.
I can't say enough great things about this property and the staff.....JUST PERFECT and we will return and stay again hopefully every summer and now that we know about Seashell Village Resort maybe some in the fall/winter also.
Thank You Seashell Village!!! You made our family vacation the best.
Tammye and Sons

Room Tip: We stayed in room 203 it was at the entrance to the property near Ave. G but there was very little n...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Hutto, Texas
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I stayed in cottage #6, I had 3 other family groups stay in the same place. I had stayed here a very long time ago and liked it. I really liked the addition of the second pool, the new seating, bbq areas around the pool. Again cottage #6, stinks like moldy grossness and the floor was so dirty my almost 2 yr olds feet were BLACK with in 15 mins of being barefoot. My brother and his family stayed in cottage #1 and it looked and smelled very nice, floor was clean and more open than #6. My sister and her family stayed in cottage #3 and again, didn't stink and the floor was clean. Very good friend of our family stayed in a king suite (703) and its very nice. I don't know if the floor was just an un-lucky coincidence but the moldy smell of the room was un-mistakable.... I opened the dresser and it was overwhelming.Taking it all into consideration, I would stay here again but I would request any cottage EXCEPT #6!

• Stayed June 2012
5 Thank Joyfully18
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Rooms and pool were clean....resort close to everything....polite staff...quiet....no rowdy people and rates are good during the week.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank PickySa
San Antonio Texas
Reviewed 13 June 2012

The first time I stayed here was back in 2008. Back then it was "okay" but nothing I would consider great. Their prices remain competitive so I decided to give it another go this year. I was pleasantly surprised! I stayed their June 8th-10th of 2012. I had the Queen suite and it was fabulous. The kitchen and bath had granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances in the kitchen. The kitchen and bathroom floors had scraped wood laminate. It was really nice. The living area and bedroom had a industrial carpet, it had some stains but that is expected when there are kids, tons of people in and out.

The kitchen could use some better cookware, but I was able to cook spaghetti and make muffins for breakfast (we brought our own muffin tin though) The bathroom was very clean, it even had a towel warmer. The staff was really friendly at check in.

One major improvement I was excited to see was the new pool. Last time, there was only one little pool and it was was lame. Now they have two pool (they are not that big, but nice enough) and there were several cabanas you could lounge in with the white drapes hanging to keep the sun out. I loved it! We had lunch by the pool one day, it was perfect.

The only complaint I would have about the pool, is there are quite a few people drinking beer and smoking. I wish they didn't allow smoking and drinking around kids. That is not cool. One other complaint was they allow people to stay there with pit bulls. I saw several aggressive dogs (the dogs were not being aggressive though) but I am not a fan of aggressive dogs, especially around children. But, I am sure the people that own them are very happy they accommodate this.

As far as the beds go, they were not as bad as I remember back in 2008. They seemed to be more comfortable. I am wondering if the older buildings have had improvements made. Back in 2008 they were in need of major renovations. I should have asked to see the smaller suites because this review only pertains to the newer building. (Room 704) All in all, I feel the price is right and it is a nice stay. If their prices go up, I would probably recommend some where else. I will be staying here again for sure but only in the newer suites because the old ones were not nice back in 2008 and from the outside I can't tell if they have renovated them or not.

Room Tip: Get in the new building, I think it is the nicest one. Room 704 is what we had.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family