“Get away to Port A - Best place to stay!”

and 1 more site!
Seashell Village Resort
Reviewed 25 August 2012

My husband and I moved to Corpus Christi and found a "home" at Seashell Village Resort, while we looked for a permanent place to live. We had an extended vacation for about four months here. Martha, manager, and her daughter, Jill, are a customer oriented team! The village is just that -- off one of the main beach streets -- it sits nestled back among palm trees. The staff is friendly and professional. The grounds are beautifully tended. The suites we stayed in had a bedroom and full kitchen. It came stocked with everything we needed with which to cook or clean. Plenty of grills on the grounds, so steak, grilled shrimp or fish is delicious. We met some really nice couples and people, mainly Winter Texans.

I became ill and wound up in the hospital (and two-week coma) a week after we checked in. I cannot tell you how grateful we are to Martha and her entire staff. They stepped in to help support my husband and take care of our dog while I was in ICU. Amazing! Angels all around us! THIS IS THE PLACE TO STAY ON PORT A. It's within walking distance to the beach, restaurants (Try Jay's Seafood & Spaghetti), boutiques, gift shops, and Coffee Waves (an island version of Starbucks) that is out of this world. The only drawback was during the off season, the village expanded its pool and picnic areas. Our condo was right across from the pool, and the sound of jack hammers all day was grating; however, we've toured the facility lately. The construction they did was well worth it -- just wish we hadn't been directly across from it. But Martha made a way to accommodate a longer stay while I recovered. The pool area is breathtaking with covered lounging spaces, as well as a warm and cold water pool.

Room Tip: Loved #202. It allows dogs and is on the first floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LisaAinsleyMc

Reviewed 13 August 2012

We stayed here recently and overall we enjoyed our stay. We stayed in a village #2 that did not have a full kitchen just a microwave and small refrigerator. A few comments to point out is the outdated small 19" television in our room was not working properly and there is no bathroom counter space. The other 9" television in the living area did no justice and you could hardly see the screen from across the room. So maybe the televisions were meant not to be used since your supposed to be at the beach- I'm guessing. There is a yellow patch on the wall that looks tacky and could use some white paint. Considering its a beach hotel, the room was clean and the staff was very friendly. On the first night we were there we noticed a family having a barbeque underneath a small pavallion near the pool, we then saw them again in the same spot on Saturday afternoon and yet again Saturday night. I don't know if its on a first come first serve but It would have been nice to use the area for barbeque with the kids if we only had a chance. Lastly the parking spaces are very limited. We came back from the beach on Saturday night and there was a lady standing on parking space holding it for her husband to park from another location. It took us 20 minutes to find a parking space. My husband and I have stayed here before and we will stay here again. Great location too!

Room Tip: If you want to cook stay in a room with full kitchen.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2012

This is our 3rd stay at Seashell Village and we absolutely love this place. We have stayed in 3 different units and have been 110% satisfied with each one. The location is perfect to the beach and restaurants and the atmosphere is spectacular. I like that they added a 2nd pool. I recommend this place to everyone thinking of traveling to Port Aransas. We will be staying there again next year for vacation.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Yes, the staff was great, beds were comfortable, but the lack of enforcement of rules left
a sour taste. The weekdays were good, the weekend brought in people that abused the
pool hours leaving glass bottles and trash, people that crowded too many occupants into
one room. If you have a bottom floor, there is little insulation from overhead footsteps.
We saw no security during our stay to enforce noise ordinances or pool rules.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Nello_46
Martha65, General Manager at Seashell Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

I sincerely apologize for the negative experience you had here due to the inconsiderate behavior of our guests. We do rely on reports of noise/disturbances on our after hours phone in order to rectify these issues and I am really sorry that was not made clear to you. We do not currently have security in our complex though that is something we may need to consider adding in the future to ensure the enjoyment of every guest. Thank you for the compliment about our staff, and our comfy beds. Hope to have you back in the near future!

Reviewed 14 July 2012

This was our first trip to Port Aransas and we WILL be back!! We will stay here again hands down.
The rooms were very nice, clean, and exactly as described. The staff were very friendly and very helpful...we had to check in late on Thursday evening and the experience was great...the keys exactly where they said and the check in could not have been easier.
I can't say enough great things about this property and the staff.....JUST PERFECT and we will return and stay again hopefully every summer and now that we know about Seashell Village Resort maybe some in the fall/winter also.
Thank You Seashell Village!!! You made our family vacation the best.
Tammye and Sons

Room Tip: We stayed in room 203 it was at the entrance to the property near Ave. G but there was very little n...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I stayed in cottage #6, I had 3 other family groups stay in the same place. I had stayed here a very long time ago and liked it. I really liked the addition of the second pool, the new seating, bbq areas around the pool. Again cottage #6, stinks like moldy grossness and the floor was so dirty my almost 2 yr olds feet were BLACK with in 15 mins of being barefoot. My brother and his family stayed in cottage #1 and it looked and smelled very nice, floor was clean and more open than #6. My sister and her family stayed in cottage #3 and again, didn't stink and the floor was clean. Very good friend of our family stayed in a king suite (703) and its very nice. I don't know if the floor was just an un-lucky coincidence but the moldy smell of the room was un-mistakable.... I opened the dresser and it was overwhelming.Taking it all into consideration, I would stay here again but I would request any cottage EXCEPT #6!

• Stayed: June 2012
5  Thank Joyfully18
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Rooms and pool were clean....resort close to everything....polite staff...quiet....no rowdy people and rates are good during the week.

• Stayed: June 2012