“LOVE SEASHELL VILLAGE!”

Seashell Village Resort
Round Rock, Texas
“LOVE SEASHELL VILLAGE!”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I'm stayed 3 time (Aug 2011, Sept 2011,June 2012, and will be staying May/July/September 2013)...each time I stay I don't want to go home, and cant wait to get back for a another stay. Its so clean, all the people are so friendly, from the check in to the folks that bring fresh towels and change trash. Last time I was there in they helped us bring up our luggage and our groceries. I just can't simply say enough good things about the resort! I recommend to everyone that say they are wanting to head to the beach.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 24 March 2013

These guys need more reviews!! We just got home from a long weekend stay for my birthday and it was a great experience.

1. Location
Sooo close to the beach!! 5 minute walk. It's also a 5 minute drive to anywhere you'd want to eat, drink or shop.

2. Condition of the cottage
Excellent! Clean and cozy. We love the colors of the cottage and the floors. It's seriously what you expect of a beach cottage. Did I mention, it was clean!? Stayed in cottage 2.

3. Kitchenette
Perfect. They had everything your kitchen at your house has. We brought some things from home but didn't even need to use them. The oven and microwave worked perfectly.

4. Bed
If I was giving stars for the bed I'd only give one. It was sooooooooo uncomfortable. It was very loud too! Also they only have queen beds in the cottages and we have a king at our house.

5. Fans/air conditioning
There is a great ceiling fan and they have air conditioning. The a/c keeps the cottage very cool however it's very loud and it goes on and off when it's reached the degree you set it at. So I got woken up at least 2 times every night from it turning on or off.

6. The sound
Yes, I will say the windows are thin. You will hear everything outside and soo will your dog. I almost shoved a muzzle on her lol She kept barking every time a door shut/opened/person walked by talking. Also, there is a palm tree right outside the cottage we stayed in (#2) and I'm like 99% sure 5348923 birds live in it.

7. The bathroom
Clean and the shower is great! Loved it! Oh, they have towel warmers too!

8. The TV
Flat screen and lovely. :)

9. The price
Eh..not bad but not cheap. I'd say on point for what you're getting!

10. The staff
Very nice and accommodating.

11. The pool and grill area.
The pools are awesome! Especially the heated salt water pool. The grills worked out just fine for us except the sprinklers did turn on right as we got the grill heated up. Luckily we salvaged the charcoal and moved to another grill. The owner or whoever works up front made sure the sprinklers at the grill we moved to wouldn't turn on. That was really nice of him. He was also apologetic.

12. Dog friendly.
They're dog friendly!

13. The grounds
Very pretty!! Very well kept!!

We'd stay there again!

Room Tip: I hear the king suites are amazing (according to our neighbor in the cottage next to us). We stayed...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Erin B
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We're already planning for our trip in 2013 and I realized I didn't add any updates for our fabulous trip in 2012, which was probably the best yet. I've already gone into detail in previous reviews, so this is just an update.

In 2012, the owner added an updated pool design which features 2 separate pools and beautiful cabanas. We had a lot of fun in the shimmery pools, and I was more compelled to take a dip myself whereas previously, I let the kids do most of the swimming. I think the filters are better; the water was crisp and clear and not foggy with suntan lotion like they were before. We were there late June, through July 4th, so we saw them at their busiest and the area is just beautiful. This is not the sort of hotel pool that you avoid.

We always stay in the King Suite. The building is updated, and the room is spacious and fun to hang out in. Not depressing or dark, its comfort, brightness, and functionality is a great basis for a fun family vacation. After a day at the beach we love to do puzzles and cook fresh fish for dinner, then go to the pool.

I've read some of the other reviews and I have to say it's true that some families can hog the bbq area and get pretty loud. I think that's part of a vacation in a beach town. Just my opinion. I actually like the noise at times; it just sounds like vacation! If you're from a small family, or don't have any kids, or just like silence, stay in a room away from the pool area. But we love our room overlooking the pool, despite the noise, with its beautiful views.

Some other reviews mentioned old beach furniture. I have to agree on that point. The bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen all have updated decor, though, and sitting on the older 70s beach couch never bothered us. With all the sand, I can understand why you wouldn't replace the furniture very often. The sand is probably the reason for the dirty carpet as well, and I wouldn't give up the beach!

We love this property. That's probably very apparent in my reviews. Not that we want to compete for our favorite room, but I love to give credit where credit is due.. we simply have never found such a comfortable, beautiful property that feels so welcoming and is an integral part of our family vacation memories. Can't wait to see them again in June!

Check my earlier reviews of this property for details on amenities, decor, service. They get better every year.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank DriveInMom
Austin, TX
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Sadly we were only able to stay one night en route to SPI; it is such a charming property and well located we would have liked to stay longer- it's a very short walk to the beach and right next to Shells and several other restaurants. The cottage #4 was very clean, fresh, and charming as could be. Even though it's right near the road, it was very quiet (except for the wind- it's winter) but we'd not hesitate to stay here again. The other units look just like apartments, and are modern and clean as well. Winter rates in effect meant it was a very good deal, too. Only advice for proprietor: the mattress is QUITE 'firm', so a mattress topper or a pillow top would sure have helped my back all the next day.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed 4 December 2012

The first time we stayed here in November 2010, it was a great experience and we paid the off season rate. The second time was not. People were partying at the pool until the middle of the night. I don't have a problem with people having a good time, but quiet hours are 10 pm and these were little kids screaming, splashing, and making noise until about 2 am. We stayed in the King Suite both times, but they moved the unit from the 3rd floor to the second floor and this unit is not as nice and does not have the same view. Also, housekeeping did not lock our door one day so our unit was unlocked and we were gone for 6 hours. The locations is good - close to the beach and to town. For the price, I would expect more.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Lesley C
San Antonio
Reviewed 25 November 2012

We went the 2nd weekend in November for two nights; and although we were not surprised there were not a lot of people; we found our room to be clean and peaceful surrounded by a few snowbirds, whom were friendly; we barbequed right in front of the pool, and then got in the heated pool; my husband and I had a nice romantic getaway, there is a Stripes store walking distance and the beach is also walking distance; they have a recording studio that must be sound proof for sure, cause we were watching TV right across from them and could not hear a thing; and there was a country band playing that night. There is also a lot of souvenir shops a couple of blocks away. This was the perfect place; and the staff was friendly as well. We will definitely return to the village...Thank you for making our mini vacation memorable in a good way!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Duluth, Georgia
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We stayed at Seashell Village Aug 16 - Aug 20th. We had a great time! It really is like a little village and the kind of place I look for when I go to the beach. Each building is a little different in paint color and architecture so it makes the overall experience very quaint and homey. My BF and I were in King Suite in Bldg. 700 which is right behind the pool. Everything was nice and clean upon check-in. The furnishings and decor are up to date and very comfy. The king bed was VERY comfortable. The kitchen has all full size appliances and is very nice. Dishes and cookware for basic meals. Coffee maker, dishwasher detergent, paper towels. Pretty much everything you would need. Really enjoyed sitting out on our porch and having coffee! I think all of the rooms have some porch area with chairs. The pool area is very nice with two pools, plenty of chairs & tables and grills for cooking out. I really like that there were also some partially covered areas for a little shade. And the pools were very clean. The beach is maybe a block or two away. We drove because we had chairs, cooler etc. The beach is great. You can park on the beach but in a restricted area which I prefer to beaches where people can actually drive on the beach. There is only one grocery store on Port A, the IGA. We just bought stuff for breakfast and some snacks, etc. The prices may be a little higher but there are other grocery stores in Corpus if you need to buy a bunch of stuff you can stop on the way in. For such a small place, there are lots of good places to eat in Port A! Back to Seashell Village, this is a really nice place to stay. The grounds are beautiful and well kept, the management seems to care and it shows! I recommend it!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple