“We stay here all the time! Great location, nice pools kids love it” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seashell Village Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Aransas
Seashell Village Resort
Boerne, Texas
“We stay here all the time! Great location, nice pools kids love it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

Our first choice everytime we go to the coast! Our family really likes it here. The rooms are nice. The little kitchen has what you need to do basic cooking. Comfy, pretty clean with nice balconies.
The cottages are a nice choice too if you are traveling with a pet. The newer ones are nicer. The same goes for the rooms... The newer the better... Some of the older ones are getting a little run down.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Traveled with spouse and 3 friends. This stay was more than our 10th but less than 15th. Manager is friendly, staff accommodating. We have stayed in both the cottages and the standard rooms. I like the cottages for 2 people.The rooms have been recently renovated.
Grounds are always clean, rooms well cleaned. They are efficiencies, with a couple suites available. Air conditioning in the rooms very good. Good refrigerator, dishwasher, electric stove top, large pantry.
The walk to the beach is about 1/4 mile, with all but the last 40 ft on sidewalk. A small store and shops are quite near. All in all, highly recommended.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms are a challenge to lug all gear to ( no dumbwaiter or elevator).
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank gdpotter47
Victoria, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

I actually just checked out yesterday morning after spending the last six night/seven days at Seashell Village, along with 23 other members of my family whom traveled from Virginia, Oklahoma and Kansas. We booked our rooms there about a year in advance as we we're staying the busiest time of year. Jill and all the staff are absolutely wonderful. This wasn't the first time myself, husband and our family had stayed here, after staying here previously and the location we decided to host our family/sibling reunion there. Needless to say all of my family commented they will most likely vacation there again no matter the distance. The staff is very accommodating, the facility is very well kept. After staying a week this time I will make this comment, I think all the carpet should be removed and possibly have vinyl plank installed or something similar, the carpet leaves a musty smell in the rooms plus it would update the rooms as well. I see below there we're a few comments in reference to the toilets in building 5, we had 5 units in that building, my parents toilet in 502 ran some, the immediately had toilet replaced, plumber was in & out in 30 minutes. Other than not one complaint, we love it at Seashell Village and will return very soon. Thank you ladies for helping me so much over the past year, and really going out of your way to make this past week a success, its a forever memory etched in all of my families hearts.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kelly C
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

I almost agree to a tee with the previous review written on June 29th! We also stayed in building 5, a deluxe kitchenette. We stayed for 5 nights. The salt water pool area was nice/clean, but crowded at times. Staff was pleasant/nice. Atmosphere of the Seashell was pleasant. It was a 2 block walk to the beach and if you were hauling anything, you would need to drive. You also need a parking pass to park at the beach ( It was $12). Housekeeping was fine, but only stops in to replace towels/take garbage...after 5 days it would have been nice to have a vacumn run over the carpet..it was Rooms were clean at check in, except carpet was dirty (bottoms of our feet were filthy)..bedding was a bit dated. I was dissapointed there was no oven, nor dishwasher...the full size fridge was there as advertised. Also, there is only eating for 2 at the kitchen counter...no table/chairs for eating meals at if you have more than 2 people. We also had toilet issues on 2 seperate occasions, it would stop flushing. It took an hour + for them to come repair this issue. Huge inconvenience while on vacation....because of this I would not stay in building 5 (seems they have some sort of special toilets in this unit?) and might consider trying somewhere else if we were to return or recommend Port A.

Room Tip: I would advoid any room that has pressurized toilets..seems they have issues with them. Ask when mak...
2 Thank Elchuchoperucho
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

Pros:
Reasonably priced
Nicely furnished
Friendly, helpful staff
Nice pool area
Close to beach

Cons:
Thin walls
Finicky toilet
Dirty carpet

My family recently spent 8 nights in a deluxe kitchenette unit. We were happy with the price and location. I had hoped the unit would be slightly bigger, but it was still sufficient for our party of 3 adults and 1 child. It was advertised as sleeping up to 6, and we did have 2 others stay with us one night and sleep on the pull-out sofa bed. It's good to have that option, but I do think this unit would be VERY cramped for 6 people for more than a day or two.

It's close enough to the beach to walk (but if you have a lot of stuff you'll want to drive) and very central to many restaurants and shops. It was well furnished with plenty of seating and reasonably comfortable beds, although the decor is somewhat dated. The bathroom was nice and clean with good water pressure. We didn't interact with the staff much, but when we did they were very friendly and helpful! The property is happy and bright and is very well maintained.

Complaints about noise are valid -- the walls are rather thin, and we could hear neighbors on either side closing cabinets, slamming doors, and sometimes talking. We stayed in building 5 and had a few issues with our toilet not working. We were able to fix it ourselves the first time, but had to call maintenance the second time -- he said that building has toilets with pressurized tanks, and indicated they often cause issues.

The A/C in our unit worked well enough, but the thermostat limits perhaps needed to be tweaked somewhat -- the condo frequently fluctuated between too cold and too hot despite keeping the thermostat set to within a 3-degree range.

The carpet in our unit was dirty. To be fair, we probably would not have noticed this except for the fact that we had our 10-month-old daughter with us and of course she is crawling everywhere. Crawling on the carpet turned her knees and the tops of her feet black with dirt, so we put a big beach blanket on the floor for her to crawl around on without getting dirty.

We will likely vacation in Port A again and will consider staying here.

Room Tip: Deluxe kitchenette has a full-size fridge which is great -- but it does not have a dishwasher or an...
3 Thank saroy523
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

We stayed in a Deluxe Kitchenette and it was very clean and spacious. The staff was freindly and the location was great, we drove down to the beach since we had a lot to lug but you could definitely just walk. We only stayed two days and house keeping did come by to ask us if we needed anything and brought more towels. The pool area was great but a little crowded at times. Can't wait to visit again next year with my family.

Room Tip: Deluxe kitchenette has the full fridge and it was great because I brought a lot of snacks for my kid...
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

I'll begin by admitting that my review is not based on having actually stayed at Seashell Village.

We made our reservation a week prior to our check in date. I called with tons of questions about Port A because we had never been before. The attendant patiently answered all of my questions. Based on that experience alone, I really looked forward to our stay there. Unfortunately, the night before our trip my husband's appendix went crazy and we ended up in the hospital to have it removed. I called the day of our expected check-in to cancel the reservation, thoroughly anticipating a last-minute cancellation fee. The girl who handled my call not only cancelled my reservation without a fee, but she also offered her sympathies for our situation.

Like I said before, I cannot comment on the actual accommodations of Seashell Village, but when we reschedule our trip I will definitely make reservations with them again.

• Stayed June 2013