“Great Service”

Seashell Village Resort
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The customer service is really great. The are very friendly and let us check in early since the beach was disappointing. The pools were nice and clean. Our room was clean with a good layout and nice appliances. We had a queen suite with 2 queen beds. It was plenty of room for our family of 3. My only complaint is that the beds were extremely hard. Otherwise, it is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kim H

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Had a blast! Went down with my sister and my grand daughter and another child and just enjoyed the stay. Just being able to get away and relax and also to enjoy the cool nights and mornings out on the front chairs was utter bliss for me, so thank you for a great stay and the staff was wonderful the only thing I forgot to do is leave the cleaning staff a tip and for that I do apologize for.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We have been going to Port A since we were kids. We normally stay at some condos but this time we had younger children who do not enjoy fishing so we elected to stay at Sea Shell Village. The fact that they accept dogs was a plus as well. The staff is excellent. Greeted you at the desk like you were family. The cabins were very nice and roomy. Some of the furniture was a little old but it is a beach area so that did not bother us very much. We will definitely stay here again next year.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This place saved our vacation this weekend, and made it even better!
When another place in Port A messed up our reservations we were stuck scrambling to find an open room last minute. We were lucky to have found this place and the lovely lady who helped us book the last room they had available.
We stayed in a loft room and it was perfect for us; comfortable beds, plenty of towels, nice furnishings and cold A/C. I loved the pool area and balcony, as well as the laid back and very peaceful (quiet) vibe here.
This place is within walking distance to the beach, restaurants, and shopping. I'm telling you, the value of this place can't be beat, and I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: I loved the loft room, since they are on the second floor you get to enjoy more of the ocean breeze...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank TwistedRedhead
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My husband and I came to Port Aransas on a busy weekend and were unable to find a room at other locations, however we were very happy to have lucked out that the Seashell Village had a last-minute cancelation right before we walked in.
Aesthetics: The hotel does indeed look like a little village! The exteriors of the buildings are cheerfully painted and well kept. The driveway is well paved and well-lit at night with just enough parking spaces near enough to the rooms. They have buildings with multiple rooms and levels, as well as smaller stand-alone cottages. The two small pools are lovely. The room has modern stainless steel full size appliances - full fridge, full stove and oven, full microwave, I think they even had a full dishwasher. And of course utensils, plates, glasses, wine glasses, kitchen towels, dish soap, sponge, dish rack, paper towels, etc. The rooms have understated and tasteful furnishings and decor, and flat-screen televisions. Flooring is a combination carpet and laminate. Around the grounds there are grills, chairs, and tables so you can have a fresh-air meal or picnic.
Our room had two Queen beds so it could sleep 4, plus a couch (maybe another person could sleep there, there was extra linens and pillows in the closet), an armchair, and a dining table with chairs. There are no curtains but rather shutters attached to the windows and doors. A bit of light peeks in at night but it is such a great "beachy" detail.
There is also a hairdryer with a light on top in the bathroom that serves as a night light; its a nice touch but just remember to close the door or drape a washcloth over it so you can sleep. They also have towel warmers with a timer so you can set your towels beforehand and have them all warm and ready to snuggle into after your beach, swim, or shower.
The layout of our room was as follows: living room with dining area, kitchen and the bathroom, both of which connect to each other, then bedroom which also connects to the bathroom and kitchen. All doorways have doors for privacy and cleanliness so you can close the doors between bathroom/kitchen, bathroom/bedroom, and bedroom/kitchen.
Location: Absolutely perfect. Beach, shops, convenience store, restaurant, cart rentals are all within easy walking distance (level ground, sidewalk). Further up the road is a light and intersection which is one of the main intersections that gets you everywhere; it gets a bit busy but cars move quickly and traffic does not interfere when entering or leaving the hotel. Everything seems like it is further for some reason but we were surprised at how close everything is, we'd sometimes drive past places we wanted to go because we weren't expecting it so close.
Service: I was completely not expecting this because I was unsure if this was a hotel or a condo rental (officially the sign says "boutique hotel" but it come with a full kitchen) but staff comes in when you leave and replaces your bath and kitchen towels and replenished the complimentary toiletries! They provided about six full size bath towels, plenty of wash cloths and hand towels, and a mat for the floor. The toiletries were nice too, natural organic soaps and shampoo, makeup removing wipes.
Now for the few cons: The bed is not the most comfortable mattress in the world. Its a firm mattress and we didn't sleep terribly but it wasn't very comfortable.
I'd probably recommend a top level or stand alone cottage for a less noise because you can hear the people directly above you walking. Its not bad but the bumps can get annoying, especially later at night when you try to sleep. Minimal noise from outside though, no slamming doors or any of that.
They have cable but the television reception was not great.
All in all I would heartily recommend this place. We will definitely stay here again when we return to Port Aransas and my husband and I both agreed that it is THE top place where we have stayed during our travels.

Room Tip: You can hear footsteps and noise from the top side neighbors so if you want a bit more quiet take th...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VFlower2011
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed for my birthday weekend 05/30-06/02. I stayed in a Deluxe cottage. This was SUCH a LOVELY place! The hotel has many different room options to choose from. The cottages allow dogs, which is why we chose Seashell Village. The check in and check out was effortless. There is a coffee maker and daily maid service just to replenish towels, etc. The staff I met were friendly, and inviting. The grounds of the hotel & cottage area is impeccable and beautifully landscaped. There are multiple bbq pits and covered picnic areas, & sitting areas scattered throughout the entire property. The swimming pools are right next to each other and have many options for seating around the pool including a bbq pit and covered areas for shade. I loved the the sun ledge in the swimming pool. The beach is a short walk away and so is a Stripes convenience store, boutique/ souvenir stores and Port A Pizzeria (their buffett is a good price for families), I have stayed in many hotels, condos, and houses in Port Aransas over the years and so far this place to stay is my favorite!

Room Tip: The Cottages allow you to park a vehicle right in front of the door. A real plus lugging all your be...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank L A
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I think I've just found my second home in Port Aransas! Seashell Village Resort was awesome! This was our first family trip to the beach and I only wish we could have stayed longer. The property was nice and location couldn't be better. We stayed in the deluxe cottage with the sun porch. Loved it! Cottage was clean and had everything we could possibly need. The sun porch was great to sit and relax or drop our things after swimming in the pools or hanging at the beach. Also I have to mention we spent more time at the pools than at the beach. Loved the pool area we frequented it more in the evening but it was still great. Already ready and booked for this summer except this time a little longer!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family