Shark reef is nice family type atmosphere but you definitely get what you pay for!! DONT STAY IF YOU LIKE TV, PRIVACY & CURTAINS! ICE and WIFI cost extra to get it is not free here!
Pay the extra and stay in one of their new cottages they look much nicer! We stayed in a motel king kitchenette. It was the cheapest king that I could find on the island. It had a very small kitchen but everything seems so dirty and reeked of cigarette smoke (in a non smoking room) I was afraid to eat or drink off anything in there.
If you like curtains then bring your own they only have blinds. There were people having a party in the courtyard at midnight and the motel encourages it by the big spot lights outside shining on our room made us feel on display. Couldn't sleep!!
If you like cable tv don't stay here all the channels come in fuzzy on the tiniest tv I think it was a 12 inch old TV set. The pool was nice and clean but it had no hand rails to get in and out of the pool. Also it was just a little small for the number of guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shark Reef has 3.5 Acres for fun in the sun featuring our remodeled heated pool area, kid's great jungle-gym playground, basketball court, yard games and picnic area complete with bar-b-ques. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Shark Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shark Reef Hotel Port Aransas
- Shark Reef Resort Port Aransas, Texas