“I scoped out Beach Lodge last time I was in Port Aransas.”
Review of The Beach Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Aransas
The Beach Lodge
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Port Aransas
Reviewed 22 June 2013

It looked kinda shabby, but location! location! location! and you can't beat this place for location. I stayed here last week and was most pleasantly surprised. Rooms are tiny, but I knew that going in and I don't go to the beach to sit in a hotel room, anyway. The bedding and tiling in the room was all pretty well worn in, but in a good way, like your favorite pair of sneakers. The room was immaculately clean. The window A/C unit chilled and dried out the room almost immediately. We ate one breakfast there (awesome french toast) and one dinner (pot boil for 2 fed 3 easily). My favorite part is the ~vibe~ which is "this is what we are, the Hilton is down the street, along with 7000 other rentable rooms in Port A if you don't like it here." It was really fantastic that we could park right off Beach Road and just leave the truck there in their lot. The lot is between the rooms and the beach....so you can leave your beach chairs, wake boards, whatever, in the vehicle and pick it up on the way to the water and drop it off on the way to the room. It was just a wonderful experience all around. We're going back in September. Can't wait!

Room Tip: The "kids activities" and "fitness center" is the beach and the gulf of mexico...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

I have been staying at the Beach Lodge for almost 20 years ... Never had a bad experience. If your looking for the Hilton, maybe you should go there ... If your looking for a great eclectic fun place on the beach, look no further ... Awesome breakfasts too ....

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I liked every about the Beach Lodge. Yes, the room was a bit small, but I am only one person. I loved the fact that there was a fun bar and restaurant right on the premises. The BLT's were the best. They were located right on the beach (Dune #9) and also had a pool. Very friendly staff. I would definately find my way back to the Beach Lodge.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Marcia S
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I had dinner here during Port Aransas Sandfest. What a treat!! Great view, great food, great staff. Perfect spot right on the beach. Cold drink on a hot day, delicious seafood too. Met friendly staff members Stacey and Joe. Can't wait to return to the beach lodge.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank beachbaby1963
Reviewed 8 March 2013

You could not ask for a better location if you want to be right on the beach. Stayed there many times. Rooms are nothing to write home about...but they are clean, and you are at the beach...who stays in their room anyway. Food is GREAT especially the breakfast. Service...well it island time so no one is in a hurry so keep that in mind when you sit down to eat. Alot of the locals come in in the evening/night time and it can be alot of fun.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kathy M
Reviewed 10 February 2013

we've stayed a Beach Lodge a few times, each time gets better & better. will be there again in May! Our puppy Is allowed there we keep him on is leash most of the time, gotta respect other people> Our children were married there, we rented the upstairs to house most of us . the ceremony was beautiful. theBeach Lodge people were so there for us it was magical. We have been there with my dad and step-mom and my husband and I are quite sure this was one of the best times they have had together. definitely their first vacation together. they loved the room, all the food, the convenient bar and the totally family atmosphere. she even went up parasailing for the first time in her life and got us on the boat for free, even our dog went for free. A money raising fund, chili cook off was held...also great fun AND entertainment. we enjoyed ourselves at the "Gaff" a great place to go just off the beach for a good ol time and dogs are welcome there also

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank sue c
Reviewed 5 January 2013

This is by far one of the best places to stay if you are someone who would rather spend all of their time at the beach and just need a place to crash at night. I have stayed here several times, and each time it's almost like returning to see old friends. The staff and owner are very friendly and you can not beat the fact it's right on the beach. It's very laid back, and having coffee with the owner in the morning while the sun comes up at the attached bar/diner is one way to start the day. I recommend the breakfast burrito for breakfast, and the border burger for lunch. Drinks are always cold there and the banter is always fun and inviting. Of course, the fact you are ON THE BEACH is the best part. After a long day at the beach, take a quick dip in the pool there and relax on the rooftop deck with a cold drink. It's a great place to stay, if you just want a dive to crash at and hang out with the locals.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends