“Interesting that the excellents and very goods are about the same as the terribles.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seaside Motel and Condominiums

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Aransas
Seaside Motel and Condominiums
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Port Aransas
san antonio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2012

We can see why people rate this motel as terrible. They are the same people who think the Sandcastle is the greatest place on the beach. There are Sandcastle people and there are Seaside people. Just like some wouldn't live on the south side of San Antonio and some wouldn't live on the north side. We love Seaside for what it is, not what it isn't. It's the south side. It's a lot of friendly people out walking their dogs with their baggies in hand. It's families and birthday groups and friendly staff in the office. It's a place where everyone minds their own business and leaves you to yours. It's NOT snobby desk staff who you have to ring to get their attention, visitors who pride themselves on how much their condo costs (instead of how little), an empty pool and empty rooms, and a newspaper rack with no papers available unless you are an owner.

We love our condo in 201, but we have been happy in a plain little room before we started getting this condo. The ceilings are chipped, the floor is cracked, the place is old. Who cares? It's clean and totally bug free and has the most comfortable beds and the perfect views of sunrise, sunset, and the ocean. And it's reasonable. We looked a long time for a better price and didn't touch it for the benefits. And we appreciate the personal touch of Melissa and Terry. Don't let the northsiders chase you away.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
12 Thank americantravelers_7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
chicago, il
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

My friend and I were looking for a place on the beach that allowed us to bring our dogs. This place was it! We got a 1 bedroom condo which had a king bed in the room and a futon in the living room. Fully stocked kitchen and was clean. We had a great time walking to dogs on the beach which was 2 minutes away! I would recommend this place to anyone on a budget or has a dog that they would like to have travel with them!

Room Tip: Only room with an ocean view is the 3 bedroom penthouse.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank swebb77
San Angelo, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012

This was my first time going to the ocean for an extended period of time. The Seaside Motel is AWESOME for the price and the location. It takes all of 2 minutes to walk from your room to the beach! We stayed in the 1 bedroom condo, it had everything we needed. Full size fridge, oven/stove, coffee pot, sink... everything we needed to just relax after a long day of fighting waves :) The staff was very nice and we will for sure be returning. The rooms are not extravagant but for this price, who cares! PLUS, we were hardly ever in them other than to eat quick lunch, dinner and sleep!

4 Thank Stephanie G
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

I will not be returning to Seaside next year. I have been going to Port A every summer with my family and friends for 35 years now and I have stayed in a lot of different places, this was the worst ever. The rooms were dirty, floors were not vaccumed very well and we even had sunflower seeds in the dresser drawers. The sink drained so slow it almost didn't even work. They say dog friendly but the only place to walk the dogs was a small strip next to the street that was full of the sharpest stickers ever, we spent the whole six days pulling them off the dogs, our feet and hands and the carpet with a lot of pain to all of us. The pool was so dirty it was dark green and with no control of the roudy quests. As for the staff one lady in the late day was nice but the morning lady was very rude and unfriendly. So again as I said before we will not be returning next year!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Debra C
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

We stayed in the penthouse that was absolutely the way to go for a larger group....it was huge!! The beds were comfortable, the deck was great we were pleasantly surprised and amazed at the size of the condo..the staff was very nice and helpful...the only complaints would be on the third night about 10pm the office guy didn't get his name came up and said the master bath was leaking into the downstairs bathroom and we could no longer use it and he was pretty rude about it...and gave no apologies just very matter of fact..and on the morning of our checkout there were a few reaches in the kitchen but we had not seen any our entire stay...

• Stayed July 2012
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

Even gave my young children a beach ball. Not glamorous, but had comfortable beds and reasonable compared to other places. My friends has been here with her family several times. Pleasant salt of the earth place and staff. Had a problem with toilet, but they sent someone over right away. Looking forward to returning in the future.

2 Thank Carrie740
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

I just spent 5 days at Seaside motel/condos in Port Aransas. I looked online for places to stay for a week before I left, still couldn't decide where to stay, some just looked scary (none really were once I got there). Got to port aransas Sunday and looked around at the motels, decided on Seaside, so close to the ocean, loved everyone that worked there & the condo I stayed in was very comfortable. I had no problems, I slept better there then at home! I never heard any noise & I'm a late sleeper. There is no bad side of town in Port aransas which I love. I will stay here again next time I go. If you want a place that's reasonable, friendly, helpful, almost on the beach, then this is it.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family