“Better than average”

Drop Anchor Bar and Grille
Ranked #42 of 82 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Food was awesome and so was staff and service. Fairly typically bar food but it was delicious. Most of the seating is upstairs outside so no air conditioning. Great place to view the sunset.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I read good reviews about this place, so I made the drive from Corpus to Port A on the last night of my mini vacation (9/22). There weren't many cars in the parking lot, but since it was only about 5:30, I decided to take a chance. Glad I did! My seating options were outside with a nice view, or at the bar with a/c. I love a nice view, but I like a/c better. The food was really good, but the bartender and waitress working that evening made it a great meal. They were both fun and friendly. Plus, I got to sample a drink the waitress created! Wish I could remember their names, but I do remember the bartender was from Bureleson, Tx...not far from where I live.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

This place has the potential to be amazing.... location, atmosphere, non traditional appetizers, fun menu but the timing of delivering food and overall service is dismal. There were only 20 people in the place and three waiters and not once did anyone refill waters or our kid's sodas. We ordered appetizers and they arrived just a few minutes before our entrees so most of it was left uneaten. My meal was supposed to include a salad and it wasn't delivered even after I reminded our server that it was missing. No discount or credit was offered in lieu of the salad either. When we finished our dinner with a lot of food left over no one offered us boxes to take it with us. To top everything off our bill was brought to us without our asking. If you don't mind being ignored then go for the view and breeze.

1  Thank Samantha Z
Reviewed 29 July 2014

It was 2 o'clock in the afternoon, temperature in the 90s and we stayed cool and comfortable on the upstairs deck. We had a relaxing view of the channel and enjoyed watching the boats and ferries.

Based on other reviews, we decided to check this place out and none of us regretted it! The crab poppers were fabulous, the grilled shrimp succulent and burgers and fries were a hit as well.

Service was was fast and friendly. The featured drinks were all pretty sweet, but I tried one anyway. It was whiskey, pineapple juice and coconut. Tasty, but still sweet.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Great place to bring the family.Downstairs has a great outdoor play area surrounded by palm trees and has fun games, sand, and chalk to keep the kiddos entertained. The downstairs bar and seating area is a great place to enjoy a meal and a cocktail while listening to some very island style music in the cold AC. Than there is the upstairs bar and seating area! Great view of the channel! When a ship come through, yell Ship SHOT! See what happens! Great breeze and beautiful sunset view. The food is great, atmosphere is amazing, and the staff is super awesome!

A+