“Best Service Ever!”

Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Port Aransas
Wimberley, Texas
“Best Service Ever!”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I booked this hotel for my parents because I had stayed here in the past and liked it. When my parents checked in there was a little confusion because I booked it for them, but the people at the front desk told my dad not to worry about it, go have a good time and we will figure it out. They said their rooms were very clean and quiet. My dad made the comment that it was the best service that he had experienced at a hotel, ever! I really like this hotel and will continue to recommend this to friends and family. They really make you feel welcome here.

Room Tip: I would choose a room on the east side of the building. There is a road on the west side. You cannot...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Ian S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Reviewed 13 June 2012 via mobile

Great location, just 3-4 blocks from the beach, although best to drive up beach between markers 16-21 for very clean, less seaweed areas and smooth ocean floor. Staff were always very friendly and helpful! Carlos even helped me out with my car, thank you! And thank you to Shayna for always keeping the pancake, waffle, yogurt, fruit, egg, bagel, muffin, juice, coffee, etc...always full with a smile! Very clean updated rooms, flat screen tv, fridg, microwave and wifi. Great value! We'll be back!

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Peachymojito
Formby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Excellent position on quiet road but only 400yds from the Gulf Coast! The Port is a 20 minute walk (for British readers!) with plenty of eating establishments around. (Try 'Fins' for excellent value and service - not a white starched tablecloth in sight!)
Hotel was clean with helpful, cheerful and friendly staff. Rooms are generous and ground floor accommodation has direct access to parking. Breakfast re-stocked throughout sittings but dining room a little small meaning shared tables at busy times! Would stay again as location is cool!

Room Tip: Choose a first floor west facing room for dramatic sunsets.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank reavley
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We stayed in PA at the Best Western for 2 days over Memorial Day weekend. I was pleasantly surprised by the property. It is smallish, ~50 rooms, but well run and maintained. Our room was on the 2nd floor right by the pool. It was a good location b/c we could put on our suits and head straight down there. The pool got a lot of use, but people were friendly, and the layout is nice. We enjoyed laying out in the lounges and looking at the night sky while others were swimming.

The room was clean and large, and had a nice little fridge and microwave. Like other said, the A/C is a little noisy, but I didn't mind it. I like some white noise when I'm sleeping. The bathroom was average. I had hot water when I showered, so was satisfied with that aspect.

One of the best things about this hotel is the location. We walked to shopping, restaurants, bars, and the beach. It is also very safe there, so you don't have to worry about walking at night. And for ~$5 you can take a cab to almost anywhere.

Overall the hotel is a nice place to stay. It isn't new, but that's ok with me. I'd rather get a good value on the rate than have a brand new room.

Room Tip: Room 224 is on the 2nd floor by the pool. If you like to swim, I recommend that room. Its also clo...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SpaceCityGirl
Cedar Park, Texas
Reviewed 31 May 2012 via mobile

We stay in Port Aransas quite often...always in condos. Since this was a quick weekend trip, we decided to stay in a motel. The first night we stayed in a place that was so bad we checked out the next morning. I called Best Western and was lucky enough to get 2 rooms. The manager was wonderful to work with. Since we were"homeless" she called us as soon as the rooms were ready which was at 12:30! The rooms were nice and clean, the beds were comfortable, the linens fresh and crisp. And most important of all, the bathrooms were super clean! the kids loved the swimming pool and game room and were perfectly happy. The staff was so friendly and helpful that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank sandybieaustin
Kaysville, Utah
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I stayed here for one night. I read most of the reviews and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised! Yes, the hotel is a little dated, however, I thought it was decent and clean.

Bathroom was clean and roomy. (Pantene hair products)
Bed was very comfortable.
Air conditioning worked well.
Refrigerator was NOT very cold and no temperature control.
No elevator in case you need one, if so, ask for the first floor.

TV - small old tube style - channels didn't come in well, but I didn't come here to watch tv, so I didn't care much.

Breakfast was the normal offerings. Pancakes, Texas-shaped waffles, breads/bagel, cereal, fruit, boiled eggs... Unlike most complimentary breakfasts, there was a woman constantly stocking and she was very nice.

Pool looked very clean and nice, however, I didn't use it.

Overall, I would stay here again. Property is close to everything and there aren't many other options unless you go with a condo type place. Close to the beaches, but no beach view, if that matters. Desk personnel were very polite.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Jasper, Texas
Reviewed 24 May 2012

The first night we were here the cable went out for several hours. The last 2 days we were here there was no hot water! I was miserable. The rooms definitely need an update. The tvs are new, but that's about it. It's close to the beach & most shopping, restaurants, etc. The a/c makes very loud noises all through out the night. I won't stay here again unless they renovate it & make sure there is hot water. I will spend a little more to stay somewhere nicer.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple