“Nice, quiet place to relax”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Aransas
Gulf Shores Condominiums
Dallas, Texas
“Nice, quiet place to relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

I tried to reserve Gulf Shores unit that I liked so my wife and I could watch the election returns in private and, of course, it was booked! As far as I can tell it is the ONLY unit booked on November 6th. Anyway, I went to Trip Advisor to see what units were recommended and was stunned at the barrage of negative reviews, so I decided to add a comment.

We have stayed with friends at Gulf Shores and, therefore, have not personally booked a unit, so I have no comment on management, but I can tell you what I know. The condo facility itself is great, with a nice pool and a twenty second walk to the beach. It also seems to be quiet and family friendly. As far as the units themselves are concerned, again I can only comment on what I know. My friends booked a second floor end unit, #209, that made me feel like I was at the beach and that was totally private. If I'm going to stay at the beach, I want to feel like I AM at the beach, not at my own condo. Unit 209 seems to be unique, with an open floor plan and eclectic, fun, smile producing decorations. If you are interested in Gulf Shores, just go through the photos of the units and the virtual tours, and you will see what I mean. Anyway, I DO recommend Gulf Shores. My experience has been nothing but positive.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Chaz P
GSResort, General Manager at Gulf Shores Condominiums, responded to this review, 26 November 2012
Thank you for your kind comments. The management team works for our guest's satisfaction
at all levels. We hope to see you soon on your next visit.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012

We have stayed at the Gulf Shores Condos three times in the last few years. Once with one another couple, once with two other couples and this past weekend with my wife's parents who were visiting from the Northeast. Each time we enjoyed the particular unit we stayed in but received just terrible service from the property managers. Below are a few of the issues we have encountered:

-Toilet not working, reported and not fixed
-Accused of stealing towels (no idea why they thought this and they dropped the matter).
-Accused of causing the unit to be infested with fleas (there were no fleas during our stay and our dog is of course on flea medication). The unit owner inspected the condo and found no fleas so the matter was dropped.
-Told that, while they would make an exception, our friend's new born baby technically put us over the six person condo limit.
-Repeatedly told that dogs are not allowed on the property by the management company yet there are obviously many dog owners and the owner of the condo allowed us to bring our dog after we contacted him.
-Told we are not "allowed" to contact to owner with questions or booking questions that we have to work through them.
-Told that we could not sit on the back patio while the unit was being cleaned 30 minutes before our 4:00 check-in time.

Each of these issues was brought to the attention of the unit owner who was always apologetic and supportive. Each time we would shake our heads but ultimately decide to return as the unit and its views are beautiful. With the last item noted above I reached my limit and felt it necessary to share my frustration from their front office. Daniel at the front desk was of no help, no apologies, no apparent concern. After sharing my feedback Daniel responded "why do you keep coming back then." Cindy at the office was only slightly more helpful but of course said "policy states..." The bottom line is that the property management company has no ability to help people. I believe they consider themselves "rule enforcers" as compared to service providers. In looking at a few other reviews, it appears that others have had similar service issues with attempts to charge credit cards for issues (I have not had false charges just threats). I simply do not trust them.

At this point my wife and I are done with this property and will look elsewhere for our upcoming stays on beautiful Port Aransas. I would encourage the reader to do the same.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank photodavew
The Gulf Shores Management is under the direction of CCMS Inc. as of the first of this year 2012.
We are confident that any issues with our guests are resolved positively and professionally. We
have worked with this guest and believe all these issues have been resolved to their satisfaction.
We appreciate their business and hope for return visit.
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

WOW! What can I say but what an awesome family vacation we had. The unit is gorgeous inside. The walk to the beach is so short you'll think your staying on the sand. I think my favorite thing about Gulf Shores is the view. It's the only building in Port A that I know of that when you look out you only see ocean; all the others you see other condo buildings that take away from the view. I'm sure it seems like a little thing but it makes you feel like you are the only one out there. And its the little things that really make a difference on a nice family vacation.

Room Tip: Definitely stay in 302
3 Thank Daniel R
We are happy to see you enjoyed your visit and welcome your return to Gulf Shores Condos.
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

My family choses to stay at this complex yearly due to the closeness to the water, but after this year I will have to make another choice. Although the furniture isn't the worst ever, the unit itself was in horrible condition. The very few cooking pots and pans were pretty much unsafe to use, the inside of the dishwasher was so rusted that the shelves were breaking away, there was rust on the refirgerator, the walls were cracked and the carpet was so dirty that our feet were totally black. I've never written a review that was bad before but people need to know what they are getting into. After staying in condos in Hawaii that are incredible for less than this I would think that someone can come in and paint and buy a few pots and pans at Walmart.

Room Tip: If you stay at this complex, read the reviews and look at pictures to pick a good unit.
4 Thank Klondike's Mom
Thank you for your comments . We apologize for the dissatisfaction you had with your unit. We have taken steps to improve these conditions and welcome you back you another visit to enjoy our property.
Victoria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

We discovered this palce about 15 years ago by driving along the beach and seeing which condos were the closest to the sand. Being old,Gulf Shores is the closest and will remain so becasue of newer regulations. All of the units are essentially the same in the floorplan although some have undergone some renovation.They are all indivually owned so the furnishings vary from unit to unit. We go after Labor Day when the crowds thin out. They have avery good website with pictures of the various units. Only downside is that it's about 6 miles to town and the grocery stores,etc. although there is a convience store closer in to the complex.

Room Tip: The end units have more outside area for the same price,I think
1 Thank Retiree2003
Thank you for your comments. We are glad you enjoy your visits Gulf Shores Condominums.
We look forward to you next visit.
Austin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

So I've been staying at these condos with my dad since I was a little kid. It'd been probably 15 years since my last stay here. Well, it was a lovely stroll down memory lane, as almost nothing has changed since then, lol.
Don't get me wrong, it's a good place, but it's just getting old. Ancient vents show on the outside of each unit. The elevator is ancient and dirty. The luggage carts, I'm pretty sure, are the same ones that were there during my childhood.
We booked one of the end units, which are larger and two bedrooms. Very spacious living room, and a good sized kitchen. Stove was old and coffee maker didn't work. Oh, and the "master" bedroom is only separated from the living room by these ridiculous sliding walls. So don't expect much privacy.
All units face the beach though, which is really cool. No partial views like many beach side condos offer. And it's right on the beach.
Pretty tame beach scene in this area, which is nice for families, though perhaps a little boring for couples/friends/younger folk.
It has tennis courts, but they REALLY need wind screens on them. It's like playing in a tornado.
Overall, it's a pretty good place, but it's desperately in need of some upgrades.
I would not return on my own dime, as I feel it's really overpriced for how outdated it is, but so long as my dad is footing the bill, I'll be back.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ExistenceNow
Thank you for your comments. Ther have been some improvements since you last visit and there
are continued improvements happening to the Gulf Shores Condos. We invite you down for another visit to check them out. The ownership and management are constantly loioking at
improvements around the building.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

Short walk to the beach, very clean and reasonably priced. Very private, comfortable, at home feel. My family thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We will definitely stay again. Four days was not long enough!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Tangel1025
Thank you for your great comment. You definately hit everything right on the nose. Looking forward to you next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Aransas
BEST WESTERN Port Aransas
BEST WESTERN Port Aransas
#1 of 19 in Port Aransas
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Corpus Christi Padre IS
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Corpu...
#21 of 80 in Corpus Christi
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Corpus Christi-N Padre Island
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cor...
#40 of 80 in Corpus Christi
Hampton Inn & Suites Port Aransas

Been to Gulf Shores Condominiums? Share your experiences!