“Bad “Owner””

Ranked #20 of 43 things to do in Port Aransas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I came here just to walk on the pier since this is our favorite spot to fish and we didn’t know that it cost to go walking. The guy behind counter got smart with us when I mentioned that it used to be free just to go walk. I wasn’t even talking to him about that, I was telling my husband. My husband told the guy he didn’t have to talk to us like that and my husband asked him if he just worked at the pier or if he owned and he said he’s the owner. I highly doubt he’s the owner when the county is the one who maintains the place and the pier. Every time we come here and that kid is working, he always has an attitude and something smart aleck to say. He is the worst person to have working behind the counter.

2  Thank jessicadaigneault
in 3 reviews
"port"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Fine if you like fishing,cost $3 to get on, extra for poles.Can buy bait, bit smelly but if you eant to fish it comes with the territory

1  Thank Dave B
Reviewed 11 March 2018

Currently closed due to damage caused by Hurricane Harvey. No signs of work were apparent. No access is allowed at this time. No known schedule as to when it might re-open

5  Thank linrandysanders
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Everyone loves watching the big ships go by, great place to walk the beach or drive on the beach. Really nice spot.

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Hurricane Harvey damaged all the fishing piers Port A. Repairs are a very low priority - clean up and repairing homes is priority. (11/11/17) It may take a year to reopen the piers. The Jetties were also damages - the state does not plan to repair the jetties until they become hazard to navigation.

3  Thank Solar-sailor