“Mostly good for a few nights”

Comfort Inn Port Arthur
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Port Arthur
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stayed for 2 nights mainly because of location and the whirlpool tub in the room. The first night we thought there was no hot water for tub. Then we found out since no one was staying in our area we had to run water for about 10 minutes to get warm water. The staff was helpful if we had questions. The breakfast was better then most hotels at this level, included microwave bacon & eggs with waffle maker and other items. Wireless internet is available and bed was clean. Bathroom was updated some but not the best job. The Cantina Mexican Grill next door was a pleasant surprise.

Room Tip: Check the room before you take it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Port Arthur

Reviewed 15 March 2013

This was a great hotel. The staff were all very nice and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The only issues was that the water smelled and tasted of oil. It was not unbearable but you could definitely taste and smell it. Its probably due to the area so I would not blame the hotel or the hotel management.

As I said, everything else in this hotel was great and I am planning on staying again when I am back in the area!!

Room Tip: Bring bottled water!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2012

If you're looking for a place to sleep for a day or 2 in the Port Arthur Area this is for you. It is a Comfort Inn which is pretty much the same as any other Comfort Inn or any other Chain Hotel. The staff here was very friendly, the room was spacious and clean. Breakfast was OK, nothing special.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2012

This Comfort Inn was acceptably clean and the check-in went quickly even without a reservation. The first problem we encountered was a TV that wouldn't work. The desk clerk suggested removing and reinserting the remote batteries, and if that didn't work to use the power switch on the television. The remote never did work and we couldn't locate the TV's power switch. The second problem was the breakfast---it was below what we've come to expect a a Comfort Inn. The fruit selection was of poor quality. The milk and juices were dispensed in pitchers instead of a refrigerated unit. We probably wouldn't stay at this Comfort again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I stayed here after a had a problem with econo lodge.The facility was clean,mangement was great.I had a problem with my being overcharge.She handle the problem right away!I would stay there again

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Do Not Use A Debit Card! They charged our Card 4 different times even though we paid with CASH. Then accused my husband of smoking, which he does not SMOKE and charged my card $250.00. When I advised Nancy he does not smoke, she said I saw it, AGAIN my husband does not smoke, I believe they were mad, because he complained of NO hot water, & rather than staying here for the week, he moved to another hotel. In fact until I called to inquire about the charges she had to send someone to look in the room, to find he was NOT there.Nancy told me HE should have CHECKED OUT & and that is when she advised she was charging me $250.00 for the smoking when she didnt EVEN know he wasnt there any longer. How can you see it, if you dont even know he's Gone?????

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I stayed here on my way to Virginia. The facility was really clean as well as the room. There are several restaurants along this highway. It is a great place to stop for the night and then continue your trip. I was thinking that it was going to smell like oil because of all the oil refineries that were close by but it didn't smell bad at all. The staff was really friendly and helpful. I got a discount because I am military so I thought that was pretty cool. The bed was ridiculously comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo