Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Arthur
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsshopping mallsmall mallstayed herefamily eventsausagenice hotelthe breakfast areaeggstop floorcomplimentary breakfaststaff was very friendly and helpfulfresh fruitparking lotbiscuitsbagelsthe hotel stafftarget
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I've stayed here for the second time, I work at the hospital nearby once a month. Obviously, the hotel is nice enough for me to return. Here are some pointers.

Business center: Free prints, I had to print a few pages last min, and I didn't have to run to Kinko's. It was quite nice.
Overall, the hotel is clean, the staff is courteous, just about what you would expect from a hotel that is priced at the amount charged.
The gym: Only has 4 cardio machines, and no weights [!].

I was put on the first floor both times, and it has no vending machine and you have to talk to the front to get water/snacks and etc. [But just down the street, there is an awesome Japanese restaurant]. The shower does not have bathtub, which was disappointing.

Internet: By far, the best connection and speed!

I am tempted to take a point off, it's my last night here and it's almost midnight, and there are some loud guests staying here, slamming doors, shouting in the hall way, blazing TV volume, non stop for more than an hour. It's almost midnight, and I understand it;s not the hotel's fault, I just did call the front and a lady said she will "check it out." So we will see if this gets taken care of.

I wouldn't give 5 stars, I mean, really? This is not Ritz or Trump. You get exactly what you pay for, and the deserving service. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dran832
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Arthur, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear Dran832,

Thank you for your considerate review. We are delighted to read you found our hotel convenient and our staff courteous. We take all feedback from our guests seriously. It helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope that you would consider us again on your next travel.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed here as a family of five (2 rooms, 3 small children) and they did a good job of helping us with rooms close together at the last minute. We were on a way to a wedding, driving far, and just needed a place to sleep. This location had so many options for places to eat, shop, even movies nearby. I wish it had been an earlier night so we could have enjoyed the area! So many stops had nothing open past 10 but fast food, so it was great for a later night stop as well.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tracy33
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I spend many nights in hotels, and unfortunately have come to accept front desk people that could care less whether you were pleased with your accommodations or not. The staff here, from the manager wandering around in the breakfast area, to the maid in the hall way, to the janitor cleaning up outside had the best attitude I've ever experienced and were all concerned about the quality of my stay.

Oh, and the place was immaculately kept up, the rooms clean and comfortable. Couldn't ask for a better place to stat y in the Port Arthur area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Bobby R
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Needed to be in Beaumont for business our travel agency booked this hotel so I was not familiar with it. But what I found is a friendly staff, clean rooms, comfortable beds and one of the best continental breakfasts I have ever experienced. Restaurants and shopping is located very close. What else could you ask for? I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank cwmilo1
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This is an extremely nice hotel. It is in a great location with a mall and a Target within a 1/10 mile behind the hotel. The hotel was super clean and had the most quiet rooms I have stayed in; did not hear any hallway noise at all. I would recommend this hotel rather you are staying for business or a family getaway.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business