“Excellent Fish Tacos”

Cuisines: Mexican
Denham Springs, Louisiana
“Excellent Fish Tacos”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

i have eaten here on my business travels over the past several years and at best was decent Tex-Mex food with a nice daily happy hour serving several draft Mexican beers, which is what drew me in and the fact it was close to the hotels/motels that i stay. Two weeks ago i met some co-workers for dinner and did not want to go the burritos/quesadilla/fajita route and decided to get the special of the night which was Fish Tacos. These are some of the best i have had. Two huge (soft corn tortilla-double wrapped) tacos with clean white fish covered in a cabbage mixture with some fresh jalepeno slices for spice. the meal inlcuded a side salad (didnt really need), charro beans and yellow rice. $11.50 for the meal. Man was they were off the hook. I went a week later to order them again to see if it was a one time hit. No way, Jose! They were just as good, and this time a side was added of grilled mixed vegetables...i could've eaten a whole plate of just the grilled veggies. I don't eat alot of fried food, so i usually steer clear of those dishes and can't recommend. i look forward to when i am back in town...not only for the large, cold draft dos equis, but to see what's their nightly special.

• Visited June 2014

Port Arthur, Texas
“Great place”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I eat here quite often.The staff here is always friendly and this place is the only one that knows how to make a Sangria-Rita.The grilled quail is delicious and the polo loco is a great meal as well.You just can't go wrong here no matter what you order.

• Visited January 2014
Port Arthur, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“LA CANTINA MY FAVORITES”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I love this place and can't wait for warmer weather so we can eat on the patio again where we are allowed to smoke. We go about twice a month..more in the summer.
They have the best Crispy Tacos in town but I love everything...and the service is dynamite. Tableside Guacamole is made to your taste and delish.

• Visited February 2014
Houston, TX
“yummy to my tummy”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

i was starving after being at Mardi Gras all day and not eating very much. we chose this restaurant near our hotel. they were very busy, but we were seated quickly and I felt our food was served in good time also. most of my part had nachos which they all liked. i chose a plate with a variet of Mexican Food, but the best was the chicken fajita meat on my taco al carbon! the meat is marinated in something that gives it a wonderful flavor. our waitress was training soneone and they did very well together. i'm a big tea drinker and they brought a whole pitcher to my table, that's a plus right there for me! definitely will go bavk and order the Chicken fajitas and be sure to get their guacamole again too ad it was very fresh and good!

• Visited March 2014
Middlefield, Ohio
“Pretty typical”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

This place was very crowded, and being in a Mexican restaurant,seeing many locals made us think it was special. It is pretty average. The staff was very attentive, they were constantly cleaning, and the atmosphere is nice. The food was just so-so, and a few hours later, I was in the hotel lobby buying Pepto Bysmal. I eat a lot of Mexican food, so this is not usual. I am not blaming the restaurant, but it is a coincidence.

Also, when I went to the restroom to wash my hands, I saw a black apron, laying on the floor of one of the stalls , at the feet of one of the servers. I'm not sure if it fell off the hook while the were using the restroom, or if it fell off a hook, but it was pretty disturbing to see. I didn't mention it to my wife, as it would have ruined her appetite. To be fair, she enjoyed her meal, and had no ill effects.

Visited August 2013