“Off the beaten path”

Ranked #31 of 112 Restaurants in Port Arthur
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

We ate the noon buffet in the carriage house. Food selection was beautifully prepared. I especially enjoyed the chicken and sausage gumbo. The wait staff were welcoming and attentive to our table. Driving onto the property with the long driveway you are transported back in time to an old south plantation home. You will be glad you made the effort to go there.

1  Thank JHanlon277

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I have dined in the main house and in the restaurant and both were wonderful experiences. The food and the atmosphere are great. I even took a class there for and etiquette dining lesson and the owner, Becky was very entertaining with stories of the property. This is one of the Golden Triangle's best kept secrets and you must go there before you leave this earth!

1  Thank 12257mars
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The actual restaurant is so nice-reminiscent of a southern plantation. The staff was friendly and greeted us with equal southern charm. We decided to try some delicious savory beignets for an appetizer. And, I had stuffed fish topped with crabmeat and grilled shrimp for an entree. Delicious! (And large enough for 2). The only downside was the "entertainment." There was a guitar player and singer that traveled to each room to sing. It interfered with the ability to just visit-and the music choices were very odd. I wish there had been no music to dampen the atmosphere. Other than that-it was a great culinary experience!

Reviewed 15 June 2013

The food and service are excellent. I met with nine other beautiful and wonderful friends for a get together and a relaxing lunch. We were seated in a room all to ourselves which enabled us to laugh and get caught up to date on the lives of us all. The atmosphere and charm of this beautiful old house added to the visit. Everyone enjoyed their lunch. I highly recommend you give it a try. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Love the food and service at Beau Reve. Seafood and steak dishes are very good. The food is served attractively in the beautiful old house. Great place for romantic dinners or just lunch with friends. I love the Chicken Caesar Florentine rich and creamy. Another favorite is the Cajun sweet potato with caramel sauce. If you haven't visited, it will be worth it.