“Great Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Port Arthur
Houston, United States
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This hotel was more than I expected for great service. I felt like I was an important guest. My room was upgraded when a regular handicap room was not available. I appreciated the very nice room. I will plan to stay at Hampton Inns in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

cheryl c, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Port Arthur, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Frances J.,
Thank you for your recent patronage to the Hampton Inn & Suites of Port Arthur, Texas. I appreciate you taking the time to complete the trip advisor survey.

I will pass on your comments to my entire team in regards to the great service that you received. It is our Hampton Standard to make sure that each and every guest is important because they are!! It has been a pleasure to serve you and your family and we look forward to seeing you in the future. We love Having you here! Sincere regards, Cheryl Conner-- General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Port Arthur, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

call before you book to see if construction is complete. lobby area and hallways to rooms under complete re-do. breakfast was a disappointment but I guessed it was due to the remodeling. great location and usually a great place to stay. staff is friendly and very welcoming.

1 Thank Ginger G
cheryl c, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Port Arthur, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Ginger G,

Thank you for your positive comments in regards to my staff and services provided to you while staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites of Port Arthur, Texas. I do sincerely appreciate you taking the time to submit your comments.

I do regret, that the hotel was undergoing renovations during your stay and this element of construction did not meet your overall expectations of our facility. I can assure you that each and every comment whether it is positive and or negative is welcomed feedback. I appreciate your honesty and would certainly love to have you return as my guest for any future upcoming reservation.

The lobby and breakfast are now completed are the new surroundings are simply beautiful!

Again, I do apologize for the less than perfect guest experience and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Sincere regards,
Cheryl Conner
Hammond, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Hotel was under renovations. Concrete floors, dust everywhere. Desk employees not manning station, smoking outside. Paid full rate for same services as if it were brand new. Nice places nearby to stay here again. Like the brand, dislike this hotel.

1 Thank Dave C
Dear Dave C.

Thank you for your recent patronage to the Hampton Inn & Suites of Port Arthur, Texas. I sincerely regret that you had reason to complain during your stay here at the hotel. I do want you to know that I as well as my entire team appreciate your comments in regards to our renovation.

While your stay was not to our set Hampton Standards, you will be happy to know that all of the renovations are complete, and the lobby and breakfast area are now back in complete order, and are simply beautiful.

Again, my sincere apologies for a less than satisfactory guest experience, and I will be in touch with you personally to invite you back to be my guest here at the Hampton Inn & Suites. Sincere Regards, Cheryl Conner- General Manager
Tennessee
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Everything was great. When the lobby is finished with the renovations, it will be beautiful. The hotel staff was absolutely wonderful. It is close to everything, eating, shopping and Wal-Mart. I would stay here again and I recommend it to others to stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Andrew R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Port Arthur, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear Suzy38Jeff,

Thank you for your recent guest stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites of Port Arthur, Texas. I sincerely appreciate your taking the time in filling out the Trip Advisor Survey. Your positive comments in regards to the overall hotel and staff have been relayed to my entire team.

We are also very excited about our hotel lobby and breakfast renovations. I look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Port Arthur, and the Hampton Inn & Suites. Kind Regards,
Cheryl Conner, General Manager
Austin, Tx. USA
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is the third Hampton Inn we stayed at and this one did not disappoint. Staff was Friendly, the breakfast was good and the room was spacious and comfortable. It is a far cry from the two Hamptons we stayed at on other trips. This one is on Port Arthur Texas and I could only find a couple of minor bathroom maintenance issues that did not affect our stay in a negative way. The only other problem was the lay out of the suite and the placement of the TV. I sleep on the right side off the bed and had to crane my neck to look at the TV which is on a stand to the left of the bed. This Hampton lives up to the Hilton name and gives Holiday Inn Express, the new one down the street by the mall, and the Holiday Inn at Jimmy Johnson Blvd a good run for the money. I will gladly stay at this Hampton again.

Room Tip: Pay a little more for the suite. the space is worth the price.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Samatpokejos,

I sincerely appreciate your recent patronage to the Hampton Inn & Suites of Port Arthur, Texas. Your positive comments in regards to the overall hotel, service and staff are greatly accepted.
I also appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton Brand, and look forward to serving you on your next trip to Port Arthur, Texas. We love having you here! Sincere Regards, Cheryl Conner, General Manager
Wimberley, United States
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My stay at this Hampton Inn has generally been a pleasant experience. The staff is always helpful and greets you upon arrival and leaving each day. The breakfast is adequate but would like to see more fresh fruit.

Dear John L,

I sincerely appreciate your great comments in regards to my hotel, staff and service. I also appreciate your comments in regards to additional fresh fruit on the breakfast buffet. We are working with a new produce company that will be able to supply the hotel with larger quantity/quality of fresh fruit selections. It has indeed been a pleasure serving you and we look forward to your return to Port Arthur, Texas. With Sincere Regards, Cheryl Conner-- General Manager
Port Arthur, United States
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Moving from the local area to another area of Texas. This hotel is by far the best in the Port Arthur, Texas area. They have all the amenities you would need and the hotel is very well maintained and clean. My family enjoyed the swimming pool and being able to finally swim outdoors. Hotel lobby under construction but that did not deter our wanting to stay at our favorite hotel before we ventured on our move to another city. We will always look forward to coming back to visit at our favorite hotel, to visit friends and family.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Deborah R,

Thank you for your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites of Port Arthur, Texas. I am very appreciative of your comments in regards to your overall stay. I am sad that you are leaving the area, but look forward to having you and your family return in the future. The Hampton Inn & Suites will continue to be your home away from home. Have a great Summer! Sincerely, Cheryl Conner-- General Manager