“New owners%#! No good!”

Marchan's White Sands Motel, Marina & Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 50 Restaurants in Port Isabel
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
ZEPHYR COVE, NV
“New owners%#! No good!”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

White Sands used to be our favorite and a big reason for our coming to SPI. Used to have great gorditas, pork chops, hash, bacon, biscuits; best salsa, cheap drinks. They no longer have gorditas, pork chops, hash, biscuits, or grits at all. Prices increased. No full bar. Salsa not good.
We will NOT go back! (Stripes is better!)

• Visited March 2014
4 Thank CARDHU2

Olmito, Texas, United States
“Not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I used to drive out to this restaurant for the setting and the fried fish. The setting is the same...set on a finger out on the water with one of the better views for my taste. But the fish is no longer that white white fish but a darker version still fried to perfection. I received the usual french fries where I used to get a baked potato...which I forgot to ask for this time and some slaw that at least wasn't buried in mayo and was tasty. The dinner was average but the service was good and the waitress very nice and offered frequent refills. The fish was not tasty because of their choice of fish but it is all you can eat and I did my best anyway. I won't be going back. I've only eaten fish and that is all I can talk about.

• Visited March 2014
Mission, Texas
“Over priced bland seafood”
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

I have had seafood all over the island and PI with fairly good experiences but this is by far the worse. We had a variety of plates from ceviche to shrimp and fish and it was tasteless cardboard like fish and shrimp . The service was unprofessional and the food took a long time to arrive even thought they were no busy. Finally the bill was twice as much than what I Usually spend to treat
My family at a nice restaurant. I hate writing negative reviews but this one is deserving as the overall experience was poor.

3 Thank mrmoparhemi
Harlingen, Texas
“Like fish?”
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Even thur owner change the fish and food still outstanding. The all you can eat fish has a great taste. What's missing is more people to eat there. Prices are lower than others.

Visited October 2013
Lubbock, Texas
“No second chances for a first impression”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

After reading a number of positive reviews, I was looking forward to trying the all you can eat fish. The good news is, it is all you can eat. The bad news is, you don't want to finish the fish they serve!

When the food arrived, it looked very good. Three large filets of fish, cooked to a golden brown. But, when you cut into it, it was grey. .definitely, not fresh!

Unfortunately, you don't get second chances to make a first impression. You can get a fantastic all you can eat fish dinner a few blocks east for about the same price at Marcella's. It is fantastic!

• Visited September 2013