“Port Isabel Lighthouse.”

Port Isabel Lighthouse
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Port Isabel
More attraction details
Owner description: You can see the entire South Padre Island from atop this historic lighthouse, first lit in 1853. A replica of the lighthouse keeper's cottage is on the grounds.
Riverview
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Port Isabel Lighthouse.”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Very interesting, History is alway nice to be able to follow up on. and see what was there before us. Enjoy

Visited February 2013

Miami Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“A fun outing for athletic teenagers!”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I went with three other teenagers. Climbing up the circular stairs and seeing the inside of such an ancient lighthouse was fun! You have to be athletic! There is a tight, winding staircase, then a steep wooden ladder. Great view at the top. Hot and stifling the higher you get. You need both hands to climb. Wear clothes that would be good to climb a staircase. When we went up, we waited for the group ahead of us to come down before we went up. Lower rates for students with an ID.

Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Beautiful view”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We really enjoyed the view from the top of the lighthouse. It was hot inside the top, but it was a beautiful view. And it wasn't expensive.

dallas
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Hot but very cool ;)”
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

We stopped by on our way to eat and my boys had a fun little trek up the lighthouse. It was quite a climb to the top and extremely hot and humid inside but the views from the top were very cool. A bit scary and as a mom I was nervous but my 6 and 3 yr were able to navigate it.

Del Rio, Texas
87 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 211 helpful votes
“A memorable experience for a youth!”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I first climbed this lighthouse when I was 9. As an adult, many years later, I had the privilege of taking four teenagers to climb the lighthouse. The teenagers seemed as excited about it as I was so many years ago. The lighthouse might have irregular tour hours, so check first to see if it will be open. You have to be athletic! There is a tight, winding staircase, then a steep wooden ladder. Great for athletic teenagers who want this experience. Amazing view at the top. Very hot and stifling the higher you get. Do not carry bags or anything with you - you will need both hands to climb. Wear clothes that would be good to climb a tight spiral staircase. When we went up, I waited for the group ahead of us to come down before we went up. Lower rates for seniors and students with an ID.