“The food & service was amazing!!”

Marcello's Italian Restaurant & Bar on the Piazza
Ranked #3 of 50 Restaurants in Port Isabel
Price range: US$8 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Marcello's Italian Restaurant & Bar on the Piazza is located in Port Isabel, Texas adjacent to our historic and renowned Lighthouse Square. Enjoy our classic Italian dining and coastal cuisine with old-world charm, casual elegance and a vast menu of hand-made pasta dishes, delectable seafood, pizzas and other Italian classics. At Marcello's all of our bread, pizza dough, sauces and dishes are made from scratch and we take great pride in our fresh, quality ingredients. We serve lunch and dinner daily. We look forward to serving you!
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My husband took me here for the first time and I loved loved loved it! Our waitress Priscilla was amazing and extremely nice. She provided us the top of the line customer service. The food was good and the general
Manager was always making his rounds making sure his customers were kept happy. I definitely recommend this place! U must try the food! :)

spiislandstylin, Manager at Marcello's Italian Restaurant & Bar on the Piazza, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

We all appreciate your business and comments. We thank you and look forward to serving you and all of our guests in the future. Please also join us at our other restaurants Pier 19, Pirate's Landing, Sea Ranch and Laguna Bob's in the future.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Previously posted great review of this restaurant, however either it has gone downhill or Sunday was just a bad night. First I asked how much the fish special was and the server said he didn't know and asked what we would like to order. I had to ask him to go ask someone the price. It was around $25 so I opted for capellini with olive oil and garlic sauce and my boyfriend ordered spaghetti with meat sauce. There were only three tables occupied so it should have been an EASY dinner for the kitchen. I had the nasty core of the lettuce in my salad, had to flag someone down for pepper, and the capellini was way overdone/almost mush. Again, I had to flag someone down to get pepper, which he ground in one place instead of spreading around the plate. My boyfriend, who happens to like his pasta cooked well past al dente said his was overdone as well. I tasted it and it was near inedible. His meat sauce was ok, but no red sauce to even mix. Way under sauced. So disappointed. Really expensive for pasta, but it was date night for us. Not sure if we will go back. Didn't even want the nasty leftovers. At least the bread was good!

spiislandstylin, Manager at Marcello's Italian Restaurant & Bar on the Piazza, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

We all appreciate your comments and business. There is no valid reason for your dissatisfaction. There is always a manager on duty to discuss any issues or concerns. I assure you and all of our guests we want complete satisfaction. We welcome you back and can personally make sure you will be well taken care of in the future.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Food was very good however the poor service really put a damper on the entire experience. They never brought me my pre-dinner salad and it was very hard to get a tea refill. I'd give it a second chance though just based on the quality of the food and would have to assume the service would be up to par next time.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Best Italian food in Port Isabel - the lasagna was very good. Also tried Escargot for the first time and liked it.
Very friendly staff
Ask for Priscilla!

spiislandstylin, Manager at Marcello's Italian Restaurant & Bar on the Piazza, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

We all appreciate your comments and business. We look forward to serving you and all of our guests in the future. Please also join us at our other restaurants in the future Pirate's Landing, Sea Ranch, Pier 19 and Laguna Bob's.

Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Had dinner at my favorite place last night with my dad and my niece. It was amazing like always! Priscilla was our waitress. Can't wait to come back.