“Bed Bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Port Isabel
San Antonio, Texas
“Bed Bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Woke up to find out that the bed bugs were eating me alive i have 20-30 bites all over my body, nasty thats all i have to say.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank torocanp
casarosainn, Webmaster at Casa Rosa Inn, responded to this review, 6 January 2012

Thank you for choosing Casa Rosa Inn for your recent stay in our area.

• Management and maintenance were informed of your report of bed bugs and extermination is being looked into.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Casa Rosa Inn. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Arlington, TX
Reviewed 25 February 2011

Nasty....cigarette burns on vanity. Dried blood stains on sheets....nasty. Breakfast consisted of 4 pieces of bread and 6 nasty donuts in a display case. No coffee pot in room and no coffee in breakfast area. Workers complained when asked to make more at 8 am!!!!.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank justaguy76018

Thank you for choosing Casa Rosa Inn for your recent stay in our area.

• Housekeeping staff received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in the courteous manner in which they are to treat you, our valued guest.

Travellers are raving about these Port Isabel hotels

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 3 August 2010

Cheaper is not better, this place was disgusting! This place was a dump, it was supeficially clean and tidy but upon further inspection it was filthy. The walls in the bathroom had black mold coming through the paint, the counter tops in the restroom were stained, the floors were so filthy that my little boy's feet turned black from walking around barefoot, the sofa and chair were full of stains ( I was too disgusted to even touch them)! That evening when I was going to take a shower there was no hot water. I called the front desk and discovered the whole hotel was without hot water!! I was told that they would have it fixed by the morning. We didn't leave that evening because it was already late and we were exhausted.. so I barely got any sleep because I was paranoid about sleeping in the bed, I mean if the sofa was stained what could be lurking beneath the sheets. I could hear the people next to us arguing.. they were screaming and yelling, my little boy was scared. I could also hear people outside my room consuming alcohol and talking loudly in the breezeway. The next morning there was still no hot water, the manager tried to get us to stay in one of his other hotels that was further away. I immediately said no and I was refunded my money. I am paying more for a cleaner nicer hotel. Believe all the reviews about this place. Avoid it go somewhere else with more stars.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank zannars442
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Casa Rosa Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am so sorry that your little boy was so frightened by the rudeness of your fellow guests.

• Management received additional training regarding their responsibility to see to it that our valued guests remember to be thoughtful of their fellow guests.

• Management received my personal commendation in the way he treated you our valued guest.

We take our reviews very seriously. I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Casa Rosa Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Maricopa, Arizona
Reviewed 25 June 2010

This hotel is very deceiving. The outside of the place looks decent enough at least better than a Motel. Our room was filthy. My children and I woke up to our bodies coevered in bed bug bites! Never Go Here!!!!

Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank diazalex
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Casa Rosa Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry that it did not turn out to be the pleasant experience you had anticipated.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of bedbugs in the room assigned to you and instructed to look into the matter and see to any needed extermination.

Ingleside, Texas
Reviewed 19 May 2010

The rooms are filthy dirty and they smell horrible!! We checked three rooms and none of them were clean! The carpet was so dirty I told my daughter and husband to be sure and keep their flip flops on the entire time. The beds "appeared" to be clean HOWEVER I had to change the pillows three times since they all seem to smell like URINE! The towels were actually unraveling, from age I guess, ane they were grey. The shower was anything but clean and again my daughter and I wore our flip flops in the shower! They have a pool but if the rooms are this bad can you imagine what was in the pool! We told the girl at the front desk and were told they could do nothing, seriously if there had been a room anywhere else we sure would not have chosen this one.I guess next time we will book our room FAR IN ADVANCE and definitely NOT stay at this filthy place!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank BeachMom_2007_10

Thank you for choosing Casa Rosa Inn for your recent stay in our area.

• Housekeeping staff received additional instruction in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

Arlington
Reviewed 21 June 2009

This place is not the Ritz but your not paying that price either. It's really on the level of motel6 just more money. Friday night was about 110 bucks and the locaion is close to everything and not in a bad area. It has a pool but thats about it.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank blueman23232
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Casa Rosa Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you found the location to be a good one for you.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Casa Rosa Inn. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Green Cove Springs, Florida
Reviewed 8 March 2009

The lobby is deceiving. It looks great! We were told the rooms had new carpeting. The carpets were filthy and had stains everywhere. Both rooms smelled horrible. The smell was likened to a combination of urine and old sour rags. The towels were thin, old, gray and basically disgusting. All the counter tops were sticky as was the floor in the bathroom. We asked over and over again for the room to be vacuumed. The same toe nail clippings continued to be on the floor along with little balls of paper and general dust balls. They always said they vacuumed but, obviously they did not. The sheets were thin and torn along the edges. We bought our own pillows and towels and wore flip flops in the shower. It was a horrible experience and worse than anything I would ever expect in a 3rd world nation. We could not find another room for a decent price because everything was already booked up. Thank goodness we did not spend much time in the room. We just slept, showered and left.
You can find plenty of reasonable hotels just over the causeway in South Padre Island. Just book ahead. Please, do yourself a favor, do not stay here.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Joy F
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Casa Rosa Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry it was not the pleasant experience which you had anticipated.

• Housekeeping staff received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees and in properly maintaining our valued guests rooms.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Isabel
Ramada Hotel & Suites South Padre Island
Ramada Hotel & Suites South Padr...
#6 of 32 in South Padre Island
Pearl South Padre
#7 of 32 in South Padre Island
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,537 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island
Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Is...
#2 of 32 in South Padre Island
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,458 reviews
Best Western Beachside Inn
Best Western Beachside Inn
#4 of 32 in South Padre Island
Isla Grand Beach Resort
Isla Grand Beach Resort
#5 of 32 in South Padre Island

Been to Casa Rosa Inn? Share your experiences!