“Good Food, Large Menu”

Bayside Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 52 Restaurants in Port Lavaca
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Like most sea food restaurants in this part of Texas that aren't overtly pricey or fancy, this restaurant offers mostly fried sea food. However the menu is large, and the food is good. You get the feeling this used to be a Chinese Buffet, and and the egg rolls and fried rice on the menu only add credence to that suspicion. However, along with my calamari and stuffed crab (both tasty) I had the egg rolls and was not disappointed. The atmosphere leaves something to be desired. It's open, no character really, and very quiet.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Get the family feast for two. Worth every penny but didn't like the cole slaw...go with a salad instead.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

You'd think being this close to water they'd have fresh fish on the menu..... I hate deep fried food! Maybe it was because it was late in the evening and the cooks wanted to o home, but the food was horrible. I cannot ever go back the this place again.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

We went to Bayside Seafood on a Sunday afternoon. My husband and I shared the Bayside Special Platter which included fried fish, shrimp, scallops, crayfish, oysters, our choice of a small salad and baked potato. The salad and baked potato were fine. The fish was mushy, the oysters had a bad taste, and the scallop was greasy and had a beige color. The tea has a horrible taste and should be avoided. The fried shrimp and crayfish were good. There seem to be some locals in the restaurant, and I noticed a lot of them ordered the fried chicken so perhaps that's the best on their menu.

We were seated in a booth and there was so much food on the carpet the flies were landing on my legs and feet. I looked at the carpet under the other booths and tables and it was the same way. We had to fight the flies during our meal to keep them off the drinks, food, and ketchup bottle. The ceiling had water damage and looked like mold on some of the tiles. Went to the restroom and the doors to enter were black around the door knobs. So if the dining area and restroom look like this...how is it going in the kitchen? Because I know the answer and the poor food quality, we will never eat here again.

Art's Fish House is superior!!!

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Do not eat here! Still feeling the effects of the food poisoning I got from here. The people were rude when I tried to tell them that I got sick off of there food. The place was dirty. They tried to serve me a wilted salad in an obviously dirty bowl. I should have left right then, but I am too nice. Not any more. Stay away from here.